finally! got this tumbler to upload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally! got this tumbler to upload!

I got my 5" tumbler template and just had to try it out! I went thru my collection of scrap bags and came up with this. It is a lap size quilt with a layer of warm and natural and a paisley flannel on the back.
    Attached Files
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Re: finally! got this tumbler to upload!

Very nice looking!!! I just finished something similar (in my album Finished Projects 2011) and love those neutral tones mixed with bolder pieces.

How did you quilt it? I'd love to see a picture of the back too.
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Thanks! I got brave and did FMQ in waves. I usually wimp out and do a stitch in the ditch or echo. I decided I just needed to do it and not second guess the results.
      I'll try to get a picture of the backing fabric. I picked it up a whlie back just because I liked it, not something I usually do.
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Very nice! I have to get one of those new tumbler ruler template thingies! I made a tumbler with the Dresden ruler but I love the way these look!
        Patti
        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I need to get that template too. I love that!

Hugs,
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Love how scrap can come together to make something so beautiful!

Comment

That is really beautiful !!!!
              I Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              bopeep
              sigpic

Comment

that's wonderful!! I'm definitely getting one of those now....and maybe the big one as well...
                Michele

Comment

I put a pretty big order to MSQC last week.....well, actually 2 orders, and the tumbler ruler for charm packs was one of the items. It should be here tomorrow! I am soooo excited. I also got the charm packs that Jenny made the quilt out of in the video for it, so doubly excited there.
                  I got all kinds of excited when that big brown truck pulled in the driveway today, but it was 'only' DH's c-pap supplies........bummer.
                  Lola
                  :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Here's the back of the quilt. I was really pleased with the way it complimented the front.
                    Attached Files

― Albert Pine

Comment

That backing fabric is gorgeous!
                      Patti
                      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Now I am lusting ALL OVER AGAIN for this template! Wah! You did a wonderful job. And how proud I am of you for just taking control of your fears and just FMP. I will have to try that next.
                        Big hugs and blessings.
                        Blondie
                        Sewing mends the soul.
                        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I love your colors together. I can't wait to start quilting.. Just have to get my bathroom back together. Remodeling takes forever. Then I am going to start a project.
                          Lydia Lee

I am blessed, and pray that you are to.

Comment

You should be very pleased ..it is beautiful together!
                            GlendaSue
                            I hope to outlive my stash.

Comment

Bakermom I LOVE your quilt! The flannel backing is gorgeous and the tumbler fabrics on the top are great too! Did they come from a fabric collection or did you pick them out individually? They really go together well!

I have both sizes of Natalie's tumbler templates and have been wanting to make something with them. This inspires me to start selecting fabrics for a new project....like I don't have enough WIPs as it is...LOL.

Great job!
                              Linda
                              -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X