Baby rag quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby rag quilt

[attachment=0:130lhe4f]Urban Flannel baby rag quilt.jpg[/attachment:130lhe4f]
    Well here is the pic of my recent WIP. I was having trouble downloading this pic. Thank you to those you helped me with it. I did it, but honestly I'm not sure how I did it. I think it did have something to do with the size. Anyway.............Here is the baby rag quilt I just finished. I must admit at first I thought it was way too busy, but after show and tell to a few of my friends. I feel better about it. Why are we critical of our own projects? I really like making these rag quilts. I use special scissors to cut it. Otherwise your hands would get cramps. Enjoy and let me know what you think. I would like to see what everyone else is doing too. Oh I forgot to tell you the fabric is "Urban Flannel", by Valorie Wells.
    sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Re: Baby rag quilt

I love it!! It is awesome!! Thanks for showing us the pic, Novice!! You did such a great job!! Keep up the good work, girl!

Comment

Great job, I love it. I make alot of rag quilts they go fast and are so comfty. Plus great presents.
      http://www.modabakeshop.com/search?q=rag+quilt
      I just made this table runner and placemats out of charms I bought at the shop.
      I love the Moda Bake Shop site, so many cute projects with [youtube][/youtube]direction to print off.
      Happy Quilting
      Daniela

http://pinkquotidian.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wonderfully cute.. that baby getting that will love it forever
        If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

Oh my gosh! :shock: That fabric is so cute! Great job! What a fun quilt to have in your house! I love the birdies and the flowers and the colors!!! So cute! So jealous!
          To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Gorgeous! I love all the fun bright colors! Nice job Novice!

Comment

I love the bright fabrics. Great Job! You should be very proud.
              Niki (Niurka)

Comment

Rag quilts are fun to do...I did one about 6 years ago for a grandson.. I really enjoyed making it.

Comment

Very nice, I love making rag quilts. They're so much fun. My first one was a King sized denim rag quilt made from all the jeans nobody wore anymore. It's so heavy I didn't need batting or a backing.

Comment

I really Love that...the colors are soooo beautiful...
                    bopeep
                    sigpic

Comment

I think it is perfect! Babies love things that are too busy. I am sure that the baby you made it for will love to lay on it and look at all the beautiful prints and bright colors and love to feel the wonderful texture that the rag quilting technique provides.

I know that I am too critical of my own work too. Like you, I keep thinking something is wrong with what I make until I hear someone else say that I have done a good job, like your friends said to you. Our hardest person to impress is ourselves. But honestly, you have nothing to worry about with this one! It's perfect!

:?: I do have one question though. The special scissors that you are talking about, what are they? Are they just regular spring loaded scissors?
                      My user name is FunkiQuilter, but you can call me Funki for short. (Pronounced Funky.) I inherited the name from my cousin because of my love for unusual things.

Comment

Oh my ... please refer to my signature line... )
                        If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

Originally posted by Quilt Vader
                          Oh my ... please refer to my signature line... )
                          Haha! That doesn't work for me. I never ride fast horses. I am allergic to horses. You have to pick something else for me to ride by on. How 'bout a broomstick? I hear they go fast.
                          My user name is FunkiQuilter, but you can call me Funki for short. (Pronounced Funky.) I inherited the name from my cousin because of my love for unusual things.

Comment

your quilt is too cute! I LOVE the fabric too, Great Job!!
                            ~ traci ~

Comment

Working...
                            X