X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stitchywoman
    replied
    Re: round blocks

I love the scallop that the combined circles creates! I've seen some projects done like this as well and it's definitely on the list for someday 8-) Nice pics!

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    replied

Thank you .. I am at a time where handling big and heavy projects just isn't my idea of a good time.. and I truly enjoy trying new things. Well, new-to-me anyway, so the smaller projects are a perfect way to home skills and have FUN at the same time. Quiltmaking is my excuse for buying MORE fabric ..

Leave a comment:

• sewhot
    replied

WOW!!! I love it!

I have seen the cathedral windows quilt you are referring too also! It is gorgeous, as well!! I just might have to try something like this!

I love the pictures too!! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    replied

Hi again - just this morning I got e from About.com and there was a 'cathedral windows' rag quilt ... done pretty much the same way as the one I showed. ... after seeing that pattern today, and the simplicity of it along with the missing details of making one that's like mine, I am uncomfortable just chatting away someone elses scheme and income. Please forgive me for suggesting I might provide more detail than I think I should.
    But I remind you , it is pretty simple if you will be attentive to details, like cutting your slit on straight grain of fabric, basting the entire circle edge after they are turned with a an unknotted thread you can see. Use very thin batting to avoid undesired bulk and weight. Keep things smooth as you work. And don't get impatient - they really are fun.. and you can use your own style of fancy stitching or embellishing, or not!
    Have a great day - I have some new patterns to go try.

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    replied

Hi Shell.scraps and Niki .. thanks for encouragement About those bloxks.. they are easy to do, if you do them right. A bit time consuming at first as there is the need for a certain amount of precision.. or they don't matchup! There are 2 ways to do them, the cheap way, but not the best or prettiest, and the right way - a bit spendy at first but the outcome is so worth it. There is a kit of templates and a special ruler available - perhaps Missouri Qult Co carries it... I will check it out when I get back home today. I get to show n tell my project There is usually someone demostrating at the big quilt shows. I think her site is Quilters Haven.com but I'd much rather give our Friends Here a first opportunity to serve us if they can.
    The contrast in color values is what makes those petals show up - and there is a pattern that has you turning every other block so you get 2 color panels and petals - really pretty.

Leave a comment:

• niki
    replied

That looks so cool! Can you explain how you did it? It reminds me of a quilt I saw on the Fons and Porter quilt show and they called it a peek a boo quilt. It was a quilt as you go. Is yours like that? I really like the colors you choose. Great Job!!
    Niki

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

very nice!!! you don't see many round blocks...I'd love to see the whole thing...the detail looks wonderful...

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    started a topic round blocks

round blocks

Finished my table topper, grandson took the picture of me holding it .. he's shorter than me
    The green almost looks grey, but i t's a sage green. the outline sewing is all in a rusty red... and all of it is from stash. I borrowed a set of smaller circles, I think I will do some in Christmas fabrics .. it was fun to do - not sure I'd be up t a whole quilt though! A friend did one in queen size of fabric called Princess Di .. very pretty - way too much work for this gal!
Working...
X