Baby quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby quilt

Just finished, going to find some place to give away, maybe woman's crisis center, too old
    for babies in this family. HA
    Attached Files

Re: Baby quilt

That is so adorable! How wonderful that you're going to give it away, it's going to be something special to someone having a hard time. Awesome!
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

The baby quilt is so cute!! This will surely be treasured!

Comment

oh I love it. thanks for showing it to us. so cute
        Patrice

Comment

Lovely!! Did you do the hand embroidery or are they panels?? I find that our group here is so diverse in their talents....everyone seems to cross-craft their quilts LOL....
          Michele

Comment

My Mother did the embroidery work about 20 years ago and never did anything with the squares. In fact she has different patterns that she had embroidery, has enough for 10 different quilt that I will be putting together. She does not see well now and can no longer sew or do much of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by kahillusm View Post
              My Mother did the embroidery work about 20 years ago and never did anything with the squares. In fact she has different patterns that she had embroidery, has enough for 10 different quilt that I will be putting together. She does not see well now and can no longer sew or do much of anything.

What a precious gift from your mom!! That will certainly make already treasured quilts even that much more special. I would love to have something like that from my family to hand down....I love legacy quilts like you are making.....
              Michele

Comment

I love it! I think it's awesome you were able to finish what your mother started. I have blocks from both my mother and grandmother that I hope to finish someday. What a comfort it will bring to whoever receives it!
                Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

This is going to be a very treasured blanket in some family's life. Very beautiful.
                  Lydia Lee

I am blessed, and pray that you are to.

Comment

Darling! Donating to a shelter is a fabulous idea. Not sure where you are located but a local shelter in Omaha (http://www.opendoormission.org) has an annual baby shower for expecting families where baby supplies of all kinds are given away. This years shower is Feb 13th - any donations of supplies would be put to excellent use. If you are in the area, they would love to have this to donate to a worthy baby. Otherwise, check with your local shelters / church / children's hospital. Any one of these organizations will have a good use for such a lovely quilt.

Comment

Originally posted by kahillusm View Post
                      Just finished, going to find some place to give away, maybe woman's crisis center, too old
                      for babies in this family. HA
                      How cute is that? What a generous donation!
                      Patti
                      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

That is adorable and what a gift you and your Mom have given.
                        I am interested in where you found to donate it and the process, if any, that you had to do to donate?
                        Thanks for any information you can give.
                        Lola
                        :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Hi! We have pregnancy centers in our area for mothers who decided they want to keep their babies but are still young women themselves. Some of the quilt guilds make quilts that are given to the young women when they complete the parenting classes that are taught at the centers, they get to pick what quilt they would like. We are told by the centers that the quilts are a big incentative for the young women to attend all the classes because those who attended the most classes get first pick of the quilts.
                          Wherever you decided to give your quilt, I'm it would be greatly appreciated. Chris
                          Chris

http://community.webshots.com/user/seweasy4me

Comment

The quilt is darling.... you did a very nice job!
                            You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Comment

How cute! Did you embroider the animals? Some child will love it.
                              "A smile costs nothing, but creates much good. It enriches those who receive it without impoverishing those who give it away. It happens in a flash, but the memory of it can last forever. No one is so rich that he can get along without it. No one is too poor to feel rich when receiving it. It is rest to the weary, daylight to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad and nature's best antidote for trouble. Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed or stolen."

Comment

Working...
                              X