Blocks from mens shirt fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocks from mens shirt fabric

WEll I made several bloxks arranged them a couple of different way and I don't like them at all. Found my book by Bonnie Hunter and decided to 're-purpose' my blocks. They will all need to be cut in half and resewn into a new bloxk. i have 2 samples laid out with the bloxks folded in half and then just laid out to show the pattern .. what do you think?
    If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Re: Blocks from mens shirt fabric

Oh my goodness, that is a darling way to lay them out!! I love that it make a pinwheel-ish block!! How cool! I love the idea of re purposing too!! Good Girl! You are so inspiring!! I gotta do something.....and this is a great idea!

Thanks for all the picture love, too!! WE LOVE pictures!!

Comment

These do look great! :P My favorite is the top one with the colors in the center but what did they look like before? I also love the repurposing of the blocks Less work and using what you have is always a good thing! Good luck with your project !
      To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

What they were before was mens shirts I got at thrift shops .. and paid too much for most of them, I bought the biggest ones they had and tried for excellent condition, And I hav elots left over - I bought way more than I needed
        I had the blocks laid out so the colored corners formed a square and the colored shape (looked like siggy bloxks) all rean in one direction... didnt like the look, sort of bland, (boring) so did the white bloxks with the dark brown corners, laid it again and did the white blocks so they were every other one and the next row was other every - again had square corner centers but were 2 colrs.. ugly. I rather like the way it is now, but I'm having issues deciding which way to lay them out! I like them both!
        Had a workshop today on doing those circles that overlap and make petal looks in the centers. So my mind was off the shirt bloxks for awhile
        If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

sometimes it's just nice to think about something else isn't it! It's coming along great!
          Your flower blocks sound fun too! Are they applique?
          To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Working...
          X