August VQC quilts to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August VQC quilts to date

These are the 4 tops (made by our VQC group) that I have quilted so far in past 2 weeks. The first one has already been donated to a recipient. We still have over 40+ tops and about 10+ WIPs to be finished. We get a bunch quilted, then more tops are made by members. Everyone was told to take a summer break from sewing -- haha, like that is going to happen.

July-ChrisA.jpg July-ChrisAback.jpg Quilt for Chris -- design I used is called Thistle and is a free download from Urban Elementz. I like this one, as it quilts really fast and not a tight weave, so the quilt remains soft and cuddly for cancer patients.

Aug4.jpg Aug2.jpg Aug3-fr.jpg
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

These are really nice!

Comment

They look great! I love that quilting pattern too!

Comment

I like that colorful scrappy one.

Comment

I like the last one on the bottom. Love the simplicity and the colors. You sure do stay busy keeping all those tops quilted. Kudos to your generousity
          success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
          Terry of NC

Comment

Telling a quilter not to sew is like telling us not to breathe. Nice quilts, Suzanne!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Beautiful works of love!
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              ā€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.ā€ Maya Angelou

Comment

Those are beautiful & will be appreciated by the recipients who will cherish them.
                I know you have told us before (but I forgot)....what does VQC stand for?
                Texas

Comment

Originally posted by osewme View Post
                  Those are beautiful & will be appreciated by the recipients who will cherish them.
                  I know you have told us before (but I forgot)....what does VQC stand for?
                  VQC stands for Victoria Quilts Canada. It is national charitable organization with chapters across Canada. Anyone who is diagnosed and undergoing cancer treatments may receive one. There is a national registry that tracks requests and bequests, so there is no duplicate, as can happen. In Ottawa, the national capital area, I think there are 10+ groups.
                  Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
                  X