• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freda
    replied
    Re: My Kindle cover

How creative.. you did a great job!

Now I have an idea for gifts for folks with Kindles and Nooks...

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
    Michele, how do you use library books on your Nook? I love to go to the library and really need to get back in the habit of going there.
    Lola

On my local library's website there is a link to their e-book site where I can "check out" a book for 14 days just like a regular book from the building. The only thing I don't like is that you can't "renew" a book that is checked out like I could if I had the physical book.

Leave a comment:

• sewfun
    replied

Your cover looks great. My parents both got Kindle's for Christmas and I quilted each of them a cover. I used 6 5x5 Charm Pack squares and then cut it down to size to fit their Kindle's. I didn't take pictures yet or I'd post them. I have a Kindle with the store bought cover and I think the quilted ones are softer and better protections if you drop it. They also look sooo much better.

Leave a comment:

• Motorcycle*rooster
    replied

No, your fine Lola! Just so you know, I think it's a personal choice whether to get a Kindle or a Nook..which ever you decide, you can make a cover for it! I just happen to have a Kindle and so I call it my Kindle cover...It could just as easy be a Nook cover!! Have fun with it and good luck with making your decision! Night all! Time for this Hoosier mamma to go to bed! 5am comes way to early!!

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

I am so glad you shared your cover and got this conversation going! I have been interested in a Nook or Kindle, but just wasn't sure about them. I only know of 1 gal at work that has one and she loves it too. I talked with a pt's family member about hers when I saw her using it, and that's when I really got interested because she told me of the audio book part. So, this is a great thing, I just hope I'm not driving all of you crazy with my questions!
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• Motorcycle*rooster
    replied

Wow! I didn't realize this was going to spark such a huge discussion! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

Michele, how do you use library books on your Nook? I love to go to the library and really need to get back in the habit of going there.
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• KarenB
    replied

I received the nook for xmas and a friend of mine got the kindle. She has seen my Nook and so would rather have the touch screen rather than the keyboard. I don't find it hard to get around at all. There is also the Lend feature which is nice though it is certainly not on every book and I have heard a rumor that kindle is looking into that. The nook can store a tremendous amount of books, and when I compared them it was a lot more than the kindle probably more on either than any of us would use. LOL

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

I have a Nook and I have never heard that there is a storage difference...I think that you get what you get and they are pretty much the same...for me the big difference is that I can't use public library books on a Kindle...but I can on a Nook...so that was a selling point for me since I am a library junkie!! Otherwise the books are about the same price either way.....the basic features are about the same.

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

Thanks so much for the info on the difference between the Nook and Kindle, sounds like the Kindle is the way to go!
    I love audio books and I've heard that the Nook can do audio, does the Kindle do audio as well?
    I listen to the audio books on my commute to work and other places, but if I could listen to them in the house as well (without the rest of the family having to hear them) it would be great.
    I made a promise to myself to not go anywhere this weekend, but I would love to hear more of the book I am listening to.
    I signed up with Barnes and Noble rewards thing and I would love to get all of the benefits I can for the $$. With what DH and I got that day, it almost paid for itself though.
    Thank you again for all of the info! Besides, if I get a Kindle, that means I can make covers for it too!
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

Very Cute!

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

Great job on the cover, Motorcycle* rooster! You're right, they ARE expensive, and the ones I have are pretty masculine and blah... the one you made is so pretty and definitely worth making myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

Lola, I've had a Kindle for a few years, and I think another big difference between it and the Nook is that the Kindle can store much more - something like 1500 books - than the Nook.

Leave a comment:

• Motorcycle*rooster
    replied

Lola..I have a few friends that have the Nook and the biggest difference I can see is that the Nook is touch screen where the Kindle is not. My friends are always complainjing and saying they should have got the Kindle because the it is very hard to navigate around with the Nook and the touch screen is very difficult to use. I have to find anything about my Kindle that I dont like!

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

I really like that and I think you did a great job!
    I am beginning to think I need a Kindle or a Nook.......what (if anything) is the difference between them?
    I have a birthday coming up and DH is always asking what I would like to get.....then I could make a cover too! LOL
    Lola

Leave a comment:

Working...
X