Disappearing nine patch table runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing nine patch table runners

Here are 2 table runners I just finished using the Disappearing Nine Patch design with 2 different
    charm packs I bought from the MSQC. There are lots of little flaws and I only machine quilt, but I am
    pleased with how they turned out. They are for 2 of my favorite sister-in-laws who are so good to me.
    The SIL that is getting the yellow one does not have a formal dining room. She has a beautiful sun porch
    that she uses for dining, so I thought that would look so nice in the summer with her wicker furniture. The
    SIL that is getting the other one has a formal dining room that is kind of traditional decor, so I think those
    colors will fit in well.

Joy
    Last edited by Joy; January 7, 2011, 03:57 PM.

Re: Disappearing nine patch table runners

What a wonderful gift for anyone. You have some fortunate sister in laws
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Ooooh - Pretty!

Hugs,
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Nice! The yellow and blue table runner has inspired me to make one for a dear friend who loves yellow and blue - thanks!

Comment

Very pretty and so cheery!! Flaws? What flaws? Looks very nice.
          Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

WOW they are FAB!!!!
            You know that handmade things will have flaws, boo boos and etc. BUT THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL. It wasn't bought in a store so everyone has the same thing. It was made from the heart and with our own hands the flaws, boo boos etc make handmade items keep sakes.

Good job
            Hugs Jan G.
            Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
            THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
            :lol:

Comment

Thanks for the comments. We have our family Christmas party tomorrow, so I am so anxious for them to get their gift.

Joy

Comment

Those are gorgeous. Love them!! I want to try that. Was it very hard. Course you may not be a beginner like me.

Comment

Hello, Joy !
                  I had not thought of making runners with the DNP pattern so thanks for the idea.
                  Your runners are equally attractive. Both SIL's will love your thoughtful gift.
                  NICE STITCHING !!!

Comment

Thanks, again for all your comments.

Misty, No, that pattern really isn't difficult. It is funny, because I did not start out to make that pattern. I had ordered the charm pack from one of the daily deals, not really knowing what I would do with it. I had started out to make Christmas runners, but then, it got to be too close to Christmas. Somewhere I had seen or heard about the disappearing nine patch and saw a video from MSQC. I just thought it was so neat. The fun part was figuring out how to put the pieces together. The first one took me a while as I had made a couple mistakes and had to re-sew a couple of the squares. The second one went better. i have been a sewer for many many years, but really not into any kind of detail sewing. I crochet afghans for the LInus Project, and once in a while, I will make a simple patchwork quilt. Just with fabric I have. Very simple sewing. I am not all that good with top stitching, either. But, like someone mentioned. the little flaws make it one of a kind. I will never live long enough to make everything that I would like to make. I would love to work with a jelly roll, but I have to watch how much I spend. I just ordered a Honey Bun the other day, but do not know what I will do with it yet. I love that site and especially the tutorial videos. Good luck with your project.

Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Carol_Ann View Post
                      Hello, Joy !
                      I had not thought of making runners with the DNP pattern so thanks for the idea.
                      Your runners are equally attractive. Both SIL's will love your thoughtful gift.
                      NICE STITCHING !!!

Carol Ann, I had an e-mail from you with a friend request. Not sure how that works. Not sure it I replied to it in the right way. I am fairly new to this board and forget to come here. Thanks for your comments. It was not my intention at the beginning to use that pattern for the runners. I sometimes start out with one idea and change my mind in the middle.

Joy

Comment

I have made a few with the D9. love that block. yours are very pretty
                        Patrice

Comment

Those are so pretty! I have tops done in the D9 for a runner and a lap quilt...I'm inspired to finish them! I love this block because of its versatility. Thanks for sharing!
                          Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                          Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

I would be HAPPY to receive either one of the runners. Very tasteful. dmt

Comment

Joy those are really lovely! You did such a good job with your photography of them also. Thanks for just the inspiration I needed to get sewing this afternoon!
                              Patti
                              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Working...
                              X