Martel painted blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martel painted blocks

My SIL’s mother passed away. They found a bunch of blocks her mother had painted of mice, birds and flowers. The mice and the birds I’m doing as wall hangings for the grandkids and the great grandkids. The flowers I’m going to piece for quilt tops for the two daughters.

She also painted two table cloths, we just need to find someone with a serger to finish them.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Those are an absolute treasure! What amazing heirloom gifts they will make for your grands, Bob.
    Hike ~ BC, Canada

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbillyhike View Post
      Those are an absolute treasure! What amazing heirloom gifts they will make for your grands, Bob.
      They are actually for my SIL's mothers grands/great grands. I was hopeful for enough to do a quit for each one, but the grands/great grands will have to settle for wall hangings while my SIL and her sister get quilts.

Comment

What an amazing find!!

Comment

What a treasure for them! Nice of you to make them memory quilts.

Comment

How nice that you are able to put them together.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Those are so fun. What great treasures to pass on to the kiddos.
              Sandy in CO

Comment

The blocks are beautiful treasures.
                A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
                Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post

They are actually for my SIL's mothers grands/great grands. I was hopeful for enough to do a quit for each one, but the grands/great grands will have to settle for wall hangings while my SIL and her sister get quilts.
                  Ahhh...well I'm sure they all will be appreciated and loved.
                  Hike ~ BC, Canada

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Wonderful, Bob! I'm sure the family will treasure each of them.

Comment

I echo!! What treasures. And a blessing to be able to preserve them for future generations!

Retha

Comment

Working...
                      X