My wall Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wall Quilt

ok, so I am definitly not a pro! I just started quilting. I always wanted to learn how but my granny died before she could teach me and I was never brave enough to try it. Then I found MSQ tutorials!!

I have had so much fun learning how to do different things! I decided to give it a go! I made this quilt with one charm pack and one jelly roll!! Like I said, not a pro but I think its ok! What do you all think? Any hints, suggestions and comments are welcome!
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: My wall Quilt

The first thing that came to mind was I love the color! Your quilt looks like you did a great job. My only advise is just keep going, they only get better and you only get more addicted!
    Glad you joined us!
    Patti
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Very nice!! Bright and Cheery. It is so much fun isn't it?
      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Thanks to you both! It is VERY addicting!! I am already working on my next quilt and my kids think I have lost my mind!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcycle*rooster View Post
          . . . I am already working on my next quilt and my kids think I have lost my mind!! LOL
          Let the kids think what they will. I lose my mind every time I get near fabric . . . and then my heart takes over.

Be very, very proud of your first accomplishment. And just build from there. I love it!!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Great job on the quilts. Love the colors. Congratulations. As for the kids tell them would you rather have me quilting or bugging you for something to do. I could be a bigger part of your daily existence! That will shut them up! LOL Hugs, Jan
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

very good job. Have fun quilting. you will love it here
              Patrice

Comment

I love your quilt! Outstanding and how cool that you pieced the front and the back! You did a great job, and isn't it exciting to find a new love???
                There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Love the fabric and the pattern. I have rediscovered quilting. I tried years ago--machine piecing the top and hand quilting. I became so frustrated because my instructors were quilt Nazis and my points didn't match up. They would tell me to rip out the seams and try again. I am now a "liberated" quilter I just don't sweat that my points do not match.
                  Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Hello and welcome ! Great job on the quilt..S . I say quilt ..S because you made a reversible quilt. Two patterns give you a choice of which lovely side to expose. Very nice !

Comment

Your first quilt is wonderful! Mine wasn't half that pretty but you know what? I was just as proud as you are. Be proud you have fallen in love with something that will always have warm memories for your whole family. This site is nothing but good for all of us. I love it too.

Comment

Wow - what beautiful colors! You did an awesome job!

Hugs,
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Looks great to me! I also found the tutes and am hooked. Now that work has slowed down, I am ready to get back to sewing.

Comment

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments! I had such a good time makeing this quilt! I am now working on one using Turnovers and I must say it is turning out to be a bit more challenging! Mostly because my sewing machine has decided to act up on me! aagghh!! Oh well....guess I will eventually get it done!

thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
                            X