UFO Finishes, with a little help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFO Finishes, with a little help!

These three quilts have been UFO for a long time! They were in a pile next to my longarm for many months! Or they were unfinished blocks sitting in a tub waiting to be put together. I decided to bite the bullet and let the pros with the computerized longarm help me out! They did not disappoint! Almost 1/3 of the cost of our beloved M*, and pretty quick to finish! I picked them up today. And dropped off 3 more for them to do! Wow, the beds will all have new quilts and more to choose from!

B2718507-349D-4350-8C89-2B7139F70F38.jpeg 36A4F55D-E603-49CC-A71E-F9F94D5AF4D5.jpeg Blooming 9 patch. This one was started in a class 4-5 years ago. I had all the 9 patch blocks made( several hundred), just couldn’t figure out how to assemble it. Finally thought of a way to manage it this spring. Pattern found in a book called Tradition with a Twist by Young and Stone.

6FCB2F97-BB88-422C-8D61-393D91813DFB.jpeg 5D9457E5-7C6E-4F50-ABDF-5B63AC060BFD.jpeg Tea Cup, Mo Star tutorial using Laurel Burch layer cake, panel, yardage from Mo Star and fabric.com

82C21298-867C-4D5E-A37A-8C78569C20A4.jpeg F15F274A-30C7-419D-AB92-C8DB1CE12012.jpeg Several years back, we did lone star quilt blocks at the forum retreat. I started this spiral lone star that year. Karen inspired me with a picture of one. It was just 60” square and I wanted it to fit my bed. It took a while to figure out how to enlarge it, so I made slightly smaller spiral Star sections using narrower strips. It has several piano key borders to finally get it big enough. She custom quilted it with feather wreaths in the black negative spaces between the Star legs. I probably love this one best of all three! There is an actual pattern in a book called Lone Star Quilts and beyond by Jan Krentz. Hers is way more fancy with FPP New York Beauty crowns between the Star legs!

They all need to be bound and matching pillowcases made.

Those are all very nice. I always think the ones you quilt are brilliant and don't see this professional long armer better than the work I see you do eventhough it is fantastic. I love your longstar but the top 9 patch is my favorite. I think the way it is put together is very creative
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC

Comment

Your quilts turned out gorgeous! Aren’t you thrilled you finished them!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Jean,

It's not fair! I can't pick one as my favorite. They are all spectacular, but I would be leaning toward the Blooming Nine Patch, but I'm sure I'll change my mind tomorrow!

Rob
        So rather than practice makes perfect, I encourage you to think practice makes better.
        Quilts and More Magazine Summer 2021

Comment

They're all beautiful. I love the bright colors of the star quilt.

Comment

Wow and double wow!!! All very wonderful!!

Retha

Comment

Those are great finishes! You brought those UFO quilts right into the star galaxy. It would be hard to choose which one to sleep under. Enjoy!
              A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
              Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

Awesome finishes! It feels good to see something completed, doesn't it!
                Katrina
                From NC, retired in FL
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Three fantastic quilts, I love them all but the star is incredible, I love the colors and how to put it together

Comment

Jean you are so prolific, im surprised you dont get more LA help. Love the Blooming 9 Patch and Laurel Burch fabrics are so fun. Thanks for sharing.
                    Sandy in CO

Comment

Those are ALL fantastic!
                      Maria
                      Alberta, Canada

Comment

Wow! Stunning quilts, Jean!
                        Hike ~ BC, Canada

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Love them all, but that Lone Star is spectacular! Thank you for sharing your lovely quilts with us!

Comment

Three beautiful finishes, glad I don't have to pick a favorite would be a tough decision.
                            Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

They are all stunning and blue ribbon worthy! 💕💕 Such a great feeling to get some UFO’s finished….and so beautifully 🧵💕
                              💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Working...
                              X