Finished my Gander Lake Quilt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished my Gander Lake Quilt!

Gander Lake completed resized.jpg Gander Lake back completed resized.jpg Wow did I ever learn a lot on this (my second) quilt. I'm not IN LOVE with it, but it's nice. The main reason I'm not in love with it is that I had planned to use a medium to dark grey for the background but when the quilt store didn't have any I settled for the charcoal black. Lesson 1, don't settle! I won't go into the rest of my struggles and complaints because it is GOOD ENOUGH! I do love the backing fabric, Pegasus with constellations and other spacy stuff. Thanks to every one who gave me encouragement and suggestions. It's so good to have a support system when sewing alone. Cheers!
    Attached Files

I think it turned out great. The charcoal actually looks blue but I can picture it being black. Nice job.
    Carlie

Comment

The background you 'settled' for makes the colors really pop. It's very modern.

We are our own worst critics. I'm giving myself the same talking to. Give yourself grace, quilt number 2, amazing work! Be proud and don't tell anyone what you see wrong, they'll never know!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I love that bold style (even though it is out of my regular comfort zone). I have to agree that settling for something else does rub you the wrong way sometimes. In this case it makes a great statement to me and someone will love just the way it is. Thanks for sharing your progress with us.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

This is a beautiful quilt! I love the charcoal. Creativity is a process and your quilt evolved as time and circumstances played out. The quilting really complements the modern design. Congrats on the finish!
          Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Looks fantastic. Love flying geese!!

Comment

Looks great to me as well. On my monitor the background also looks sort of blue. It's a great finish!

Comment

Your Gander quilt is awesome and the charcoal really looks great! Great looking quilt!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Even with all your struggles, you managed a great finish! You will always remember this one!

Comment

Looks great. Congrats on finishing. And i totally agree. If youve got your mind's eye on a fabric or color, keep looking. Youll find what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by srgreene View Post
                      Looks great. Congrats on finishing. And i totally agree. If youve got your mind's eye on a fabric or color, keep looking. Youll find what you want.
                      Yes. I've since found out that we have a second quilt shop in my city, so if one doesn't have what I need, I can check the other. 😊

Comment

Its quilt is very modern, I love it, and also the fabric on the back, wonderful work

Comment

I think you did a great job with it.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I think your quilt turned out great! I love the colors, the style, and your quilting worked perfectly with it all. Very nice quilt for only your second. You learned a lot, I’m sure.

Comment

Yup, we’re our own worse critics…..it turned out great! My screen is showing it blue, but doesn’t matter, it’s stunning and my oh my, your second quilt….impressive 💕🧵
                              💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Working...
                              X