Mutated Butterfly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutated Butterfly

Well, here I am...200 hours later with a pieced top 86x86. 5 days in cutting, 160 hours in sewing and what did I achieve? Looks like I could have taken a grandmothers fan and added a couple of little pieces to the wings but being as how I was looking for a challenge....I got one. I'm just glad its together. Wish it would have squared up a little more consistently but that was a design flaw in the white pieces. Now, I need to piece together a backing.
    Oh, yes, did I mention this is all made from leftovers and scraps...hence the strange color layout but most of the centerpieces have butterfly or bird motif...a couple of roses for them to feed on and some trees to land in. lol. mutated butterfly.jpg
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Your butterfly quilt turned out so pretty…love it! I can tell it was a huge amount of work.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Wow! That’s a lot of work and you did it pretty fast too. So fun that most of the pieces have birds or butterfly too!
      So sad for you that you’ll have to wait to quilt it. Do you have an update of your machine?
      💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Oh gosh, when it is done it will be beautiful!! I love the fabrics. good use of them.

Comment

Your quilt is amazing! I love it!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Terry you amaze me with these scrap quilts you complete and the time frame you get them completed in. Beautiful, you did a great job on all the piecing!
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

WOW that is one beautiful quilt you have there.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Star lover View Post
                Wow! That’s a lot of work and you did it pretty fast too. So fun that most of the pieces have birds or butterfly too!
                So sad for you that you’ll have to wait to quilt it. Do you have an update of your machine?
                I called the shop on Thursday and asked them to give me an update and would they please call husqvarna and then call me back. NOPE...no call back. I'll try again on tuesday.
                Terry

Comment

You all are so supportive. I didn't think this was fast at all. I don't think it has ever taken me this long to get a top finished. I ripped out as much as I sewed.
                  Terry

Comment

The scrappys always admire me and their quilts is magnificent with so many different fabrics, a great job and you know everyone will say how beautiful it is and not what it took

Comment

Lady, you underestimate your talents!!!! Lovely quilt, yet again.
                      “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                      “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Oh my, that would have been a challenge for sure. So many small or narrow pieces. That turned out great! I'm surprised you got it finished already.

Comment

That is an amazing quilt! So much detail and so different from anything I've seen. Love it!
                          ~ Carol from PA

Comment

That is so pretty! Sure looks like a lot of hard work!

Comment

So many pieces. That would have taken me a year to complete. It is so pretty. I was surprised you said it was scraps. Doesn’t look like that to me.
                              Carlie

Comment

Working...
                              X