Needing luck I think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing luck I think...

Or perhaps a good shrink 😂, my mother and I have 15 quilts planned for this year, in addition to a quilted luggage set for my GB and one for hers (my niece), some bags for my other much older nieces, the usual assortment of holiday clothing for my GB which must include a patriot outfit (I'm already late for memorial day) and a Thanksgiving dress in addition to the usual Christmas and Halloween costume that most kids would ask for lol. A doll set of clothes for my second littlest cousin and if possible still 2 little scrappy teddy bears for our local Joanns staff members who have seen us through some crazy years... And here we find ourselves yet again with a little under 6 months to get this all done, and shipped in time.

But there is a small amount of light shining, or at least a whole lot of insomnia to power me through this, because between today/yesterday well from when I woke up to now, 2 quilt tops got started and finished 😊. Even though my supervisor and QC officat have long since abandoned me.

image_124221.jpg

image_124222.jpg

At least QC is trying to pretend he only stepped out of his office to see a man about a turkey
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

You can do it! Just put your foot to the pedal and get started. I need to count how many I have made so far this year, and I have a busy schedule. I have been pulling out UFO’s to finish the last 2 years and that makes it easier to finish more quilts. With 2 of you working on it it will be easy. Have fun sewing!

Comment

Like the Little Engine said "I know I can, I know I can," you will too.
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

That's a long list, for sure! Keep us posted and we'll keep cheering you on!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Had a good laugh. When I saw the first pic I thought it was a skunk 🦨……guess I need more caffeine ☕️
          Congrats on the finishes….you must be feeling happy and proud…..you deserve it ‼️🧵
          💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

I can agree with thinking the supervisor is a skunk. He can be quite the little stinker sometimes lol. As it was while working on one project he was trying to pull out the next one for me...

Comment

Realized I forgot to add what we have done now lol
              20210605_100525.jpg 20210605_100636.jpg 20210605_100747.jpg 20210605_100946.jpg

And yes the big bosses had to make their appearance for the reveal of the middle two which they missed being done last night. And of course their favorite of the bunch this year which was made for the DH, who seemed to think the black won't show as much cat hair 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 (I'm the one who does all the de-furring of things in the house allowing him to have such delusions 😂)

Comment

That is quite the project list! Glad you have a helper. Great start with all those quilts!

Comment

Well got another helper for the week with my list. My granddaughter is up for a summer vacation visit and already churned out half a quilt top. Her very first quilt (be thankful you can't hear the excited proud nama squeals of delight lol) which will be given to her great grandmother who doesn't get to see her much. Its going to be her Christmas present and she doesn't even know she was watching her make it on FaceTime 😁😁😁😁, honest her GG was just shocked that 7 year old great granddaughter was just zipping along like she was born with a sewing machine in her arms (frankly I am too lol)

I got the machine set up for her at her desk, and had missed her grabbing the fabric that was ready to go, yes... but when I turned to grab it from the cutting table my GD was already hot on it, had put the foot down, needle down and was zipping along at full speed (minor little heart attack for me there lol since I hadn't allowed her to sew past the midway point her only time at a sewing machine prior) and her she was 850 rpm just beaming in pride and sewing straight along and at the correct seam allowance.

I did have her slow it down before she did the seams following that. Explaining to her again, amidst the groan of despair on slow speed sewing, that my goal is to have her NOT visit the ER when coming up to visit me. You would have swore she was 16 and I took the car keys away from her with that explanation, but she did slow it down and had fun showing off her skills to my mother in law.

And the next day my own mother who should have known better nearly stole all that confidence away poor kid. We did the 4 at a time HST and my mom had her trying to start sewing with both seams meeting at the beginning on the bias... but we did get her flipped around and she got to tease her in town GG with a why would you put it in backwards???

But hey one more skill set for the kid, unjamming a machine, and sewing on the bias (both the easier way and the hard way) And I have 1 less quilt top to make 😇, and maybe she'll make another decent length visit between now and Christmas and I can set her to quilting it too.

Comment

Working...
                  X