Baby Quilt for #20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Quilt for #20

Just finished baby quilt for granddaughter # 20. All from my stash; I bought the purples to make her cousin a book pillow for Christmas before I learned that said cousin prefers "pink and sparkly." Used straight-line quilting for the squares, echoing around the hearts, and free-motion hearts in the border. Then I used a couple of special heart stitches on my new Husqvarna-Viking to stitch down the triangle areas on the sides. Also used a flange binding (thanks, Natalie, for the "Final Stitch" tutorial!); it is so worth the extra time cutting, as it's easy-peasy to machine stitch (my hands will not let me hand stitch a binding). Thanks for looking!

P_20210601_145035_LL.jpgP_20210601_145056_LL.jpg

P_20210601_145221_LL.jpgP_20210601_145243_LL.jpg

So pretty!! Love how it turned out!!

Comment

Sew cute. I love the hearts

Comment

Absolutely stunning!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I love this! Your flange binding looks wonderful and the quilt is so pretty and girly! I haven't tried that binding yet and now I want to. And did I read that right, you have 20 grandchildren?!!! Holy smokes that's alot of birthdays and graduations, not to mention soccer, football, basketball games and dance and music recitals. I wouldn't be able to keep up! Your calendar must be crazy. How many children do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
            I love this! Your flange binding looks wonderful and the quilt is so pretty and girly! I haven't tried that binding yet and now I want to. And did I read that right, you have 20 grandchildren?!!! Holy smokes that's alot of birthdays and graduations, not to mention soccer, football, basketball games and dance and music recitals. I wouldn't be able to keep up! Your calendar must be crazy. How many children do you have?
            Thanks for your kind words. Well, my calendar is about as crazy as I am, LOL! I have ten children, ages 24 - 41; seven children-in-love; and 20 grands (so far). Hubs and I, along with DD the Kindergarten teacher, teach at the church-run school where he also serves as principal and pastor. It's been a wild ride, but I'm so eternally grateful. People sometimes wrongly assume that I've always loved kids and/or wanted a large family. Nothing could be further from the truth, but God has shown me what a great sense of humor He has (ever hear the expression, "Man plans and God laughs"?), and that His plans are much better than mine!

Also I'm so blessed that DS and DIL #1 have a very large house, and have all of us locals over once a month for pot-luck Family Dinner, where we celebrate all of that month's birthdays at once. Makes my life way easier!
            Last edited by SallyO'Sews; June 2, 2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

1973a1d03bc231563e8d018b11c99d4e.jpg What a fabulous quilt ! love it , love it, and love it.

Comment

This is so pretty! Love it!

Comment

How pretty!
                  Maria

Comment

#20 WOW, you are indeed so blessed. Beautiful quilt.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Beautiful quilt. Congratulations on #20.

Comment

Beautiful quilt….beautiful life ❣️You are indeed so very blessed and quilts for your grandchildren will make you a treasure in their eyes. 💕💕
                        💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

It's beautiful, and it sounds like you have a wonderful family, too!

Comment

What a beautiful quilt, the pictures are beautiful almost like a professional picture.you indeed are a very blessed mother and grandmother. That is so good to have a pot luck dinner once a month. Your family sounds wonderful.

Comment

What a cute quilt! You are truly blessed with all of that family!

Comment

Working...
                              X