Thrones - "Tronos"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thrones - "Tronos"

Good morning everyone and may your week be calm and happy. Today I am going to show you the platform that are used in the Processions to transport the Saints and Virgins and that we call "Tronos" As you can see from the photos they are noble wood constructions, carved and covered with gold and sirver sheets, they also have chandeliers and floral decorations. According to tradition these Processions have been held since the 16th century, althoug from those years not many "Tronos" are preserved in the paintings of that time some can be seen, but the most important and really beautiful are from the end of the 19th century. As you can see the Processions are held in the afternoon and at night, and the Thrones are different for the Saints or for the Virgins. The Virgins wear protections called "Palios" to protect their crowns and the wonderful robes. I hope you like the exquisite joinery work done by so many master carpenters. Thanks you for looking and hugs
    Attached Files

These are amazing! I would not want to be one of those carrying one of them! Very heavy! But so beautiful!

Comment

They sure are amazing....and the details in the construction.....wow! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
      💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

That is so beautiful . I bet its even more stunning in person. Thanks for sharing this with us !

Comment

I would love to see such a procession. They are awe inspiring. Thank you for posting.

Comment

The workmanship in these structures is absolutely amazing!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Amazing craftsmanship. Wow!
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Wow that is incredible workmanship. Obviously these pictures were taken pre-Covid, as I would hope that all are safe at home. Truly amazing.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Such beautiful thrones. Yes, I also was wondering about during the pandemic. I wouldn't this this event would be allowed right now.

Comment

Wow! Those are stunning. Such craftsmanship! They would be quite a sight to see. Thank you for sharing.
                    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Amazing pictures. Thank you.

Comment

In my country all festivals including religious ones have been suspended since March of last year, so the photos I show you are from 2019, we all hope that for next year we can celebrate all our festivals and traditions again. As for seeing these Processions I must say that it is something magical not only for the beauty that is shown, but for the devotion, silence and love that is noticed before these wonderful figures, I have attended many of these Processions during my many years, and it is a hard thing to forget. Jean regarding the weight that the porters lift is very well calculated and each person only carries a small weight as there are many people, also there are other people to replace them in case of need

Comment

I shared your pictures with Jeff and he was amazed at the size and workmanship of the thrones. He thinks they are incredible.
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Extraordinary. Thank you.
                            Diana Grey

Comment

Working...
                            X