Stack N Whack Ocean Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stack N Whack Ocean Quilt

For my youngest son's 10th birthday, my mother and I went to the depths of the sea to make this "Stack n Whack" quilt. I LOVE the kaleidoscope effect!

snw1.jpg snw4.jpg snw2.jpg snw3.jpg
    --
    Mrs. Simmons

sigpic

Re: Stack N Whack Ocean Quilt

LOVE it! The fish/aquatic fabric is beautiful and the fussy cut blocks really are nice! Great job! I bet your son loved it!
    Linda
    -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful!! Love all the blues. Well done.
      Rhonda from Ky.

Comment

Lovely! How fun for a lil fella. I've never tried a stack and whack but all my friends who do them swear they are the easiest things to do. Thank you for sharing!!
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I, too, am intrigued by the kaleidoscope pattern. Remember as kids, pressing your eye up to that cardboard tube in delight of watching the magnificent change of colors & shapes? Now you are doing it with fabric ! Lucky young man & clever mom.

Comment

That's is really pretty. What a good job. I love the kaleidoscope effect too. Hugs, Jan
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Looks fantastic! Loved the fish and blues!

Comment

Gorgeous! I love the footprints in the sand fabric. I love the fish. I love the kaleidoscopes! Really neat! Once again, ANYTHING can be seen in quilts! Suzy Que

Comment

Wow - another beautiful quilt!

Hugs,
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                  http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                  http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Very cool! Love the fish border!
                    Patti
                    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

That is beautiful! You really did a good job on that quilt! Thanks for sharing with us!
                      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Really nice.

Comment

What a wonderful looking quilt. Did you make the pattern yourself or did you find it some where? My grandson would like one like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Winterof63 View Post
                            What a wonderful looking quilt. Did you make the pattern yourself or did you find it some where? My grandson would like one like it.
                            The center is from a SnW book by Bethany S. Reynolds. She has two and I think we used her second one. The border was from blocks we found online for a wall hanging.

Oh, look! Here it is:
                            http://www.craftandfabriclinks.com/f...llhanging.html

We just removed the grass and added blue strips on each fish block to stagger them.

This was a smallish print and I do like how it turned out, but I saw one in a shop by Shannon Baker that less juvenile looking and used a much larger print and a deeper blue/black background. Each hexagon looked like a starfish. It was our inspiration for this one. She quilted our Hubble.
                            --
                            Mrs. Simmons

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X