Updated Honor Quilt for my father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated Honor Quilt for my father

Mentioned in my morning post that my issues with the Comfort Star caused me to rethink the Honor Quilt for my father. I honestly like this design better, even if I wasn't having issues with the stars. One thing you can't tell from the picture is that where the 9-patch is blue I will use a cream with blue background and a red and cream where it is red. Cheryl looked over the center panel and is going to come up with a sample on some red fabric to show me what a red applique stitch would look like. I just don't trust myself to do this right, so I'm going to let her do it, regardless of whether or not it's red or invisible.

Rob

Uodated Dad Quilt.JPG
    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
    Anna Bates
    "Quilt Roadies"

OH, Wow! That is going to be an amazing quilt. What a great tribute to your dad.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Comment

Looks great! You two are an awesome quilting team!

Comment

That’s going to be amazing!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It's going to be great. Make a couple of practice star blocks before you start. You can do it!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this one!
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I like this a lot. Your dad would be honoured, I'm sure.
              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Oh, Rob, this is lovely. You and Cheryl are doing a great job.

Comment

What a beautiful design and I love the fact your honoring your father.

Comment

No matter how you do, it will be beautiful.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

What a beautiful tribute and honor for your father. I love it.....why not? It’s got stars and it’ll be gorgeous......you are gaining skills and have a good eye. I can’t wait to see the finish ❣️❣️❣️
                      💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Your quilt will be beautiful with or without changes you make. I should really get my act together and start playing with EQ, but that is computer time and I really don't like spending my time on it. Only for essential use.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                        X