Sharing our Quilts, Day # 5 pictures fixed - I hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing our Quilts, Day # 5 pictures fixed - I hope

Today's show is going to be somewhat of a mixed bag - some bags left over from yesterday's show, some little things I like to make and of course a couple of quilts,

I made this little bag for a very special niece to carry on her wedding day. It was one of the very first bags I made - and I believe it is a click bag. She loved it and ask me if I would make her garter too.

Just for fun stuff.... the cat tote was from a panel for my cat loving DIL. And I was always fascinated with the quilted christmas tree ornaments so I gave it a try a couple of years ago - very easy to make, great stash buster and cool little "need in a hurry" gift.

Finally - 3 years ago, our youngest gkiddie was becomming a teenager and we figured our baby days were over and wham - along comes the sweetest little boy in the world. I was determined to make him a choo choo train quilt...I didn't have a pattern, just knew in my head what I wanted it to look like. Traveled all the way to Lancaster looking for just the right fabric. The piecing was done and it was ready for sandwiching, when DIL informed me that his nursery theme was "Star Wars." My first thought was - oh well Luke Skywalker is going to be coming in on the train - LOL. Now you know right well that this sweet gift from God couldn't have a mix matched nursery - just wouldn't be right. So of course Grammy started on another quest for just the right Star Wars fabric.....no surprise there huh?

After making these quilts for little Aaron, I realized it was about time our 4 older gkiddies had one of Grammy's quilts. More about that tomorrow!!!!!

AARONS STAR WARS QUILT BACK.jpg AARONS STAR WARS QUILT .jpg IMG_0166.JPG harry potter.jpg IMG_0311 - Copy.JPG IMG_0314 - Copy.JPG IMG_0143.JPG IMG_0002.JPG 20191031_125938.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Carol336; March 3, 2021, 08:48 AM.

whoo hoo! It's the mother lode!

Wow! Such a variety of wonderful work.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

What a beautiful showing today, Carol. You certainly are multi-talented! Love the Star Wars quilt and the Bride’s bag and garter. No, I love everything!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I need a thesaurus. Wow and beautiful seem to be all I can remember. 😃. Love your projects. The shoe fabric is very cute.

Comment

So many beautiful projects! I love the kids quilts! Love the choo choo train quilt! I lost this post and made comments under the post with no pictures. I’ll get it right one of these days!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
            So many beautiful projects! I love the kids quilts! Love the choo choo train quilt! I lost this post and made comments under the post with no pictures. I’ll get it right one of these days!
            Not your oops Jean - I'll probably get this attachment posting thing right just about the time my "Show Week" is over - LOL

Comment

Wonderful projects Carol! I love the train quilt. Pretty bags.
              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Carol, you surely do not disappoint today. Love all & 'specially love the Star Wars dilemma, lol. Pretty bridal bag & garter. Gina

Comment

Beautiful workmanship and such variety! I love the sweet bride's bag and the choo-choo quilt is adorable.
                  Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Fantastic projects all! I know a person who would love that Harry Potter bag!

Rob
                    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
                    Anna Bates
                    "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

o.k., another day where I love everything you've shown. I made one of those Christmas balls one year. I'm not sure what I did with it but it turned out really pretty. The wedding bag & garter as so pretty & unique. I bet your niece was thrilled with both. I especially like the choo-choo train quilt & the story behind it. I'm so glad you are participating in this ongoing series. I would have never gotten to see all your beauties if you had said no to Barb. Thanks!

Comment

Oh those are all great!! I did that cat tote too but mine stands up by itself and it looks too stiff for me. i guess the grocery store checkers like that though (when we can use our own bags). love the red and black shoe bag!!!

Comment

Love the bags, especially the shoe one. Would fit my daughter and granddaughters well. Love the train quilt as well.
                          Carlie

Comment

All of your projects are beautiful.
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Love todays show!! I'm late to the party..slammed at work. You make me want to make a bag lol. I too like fast projects in between quilts

Comment

Working...
                              X