Baby Quilts back to life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Quilts back to life

Last year I was approached by my godfather's wife (he died several years ago) and her daughter about making a quilt from some embroidered blocks that she had been carrying around. Well she had 12 squares, one that was never finished, actually. This one still needs the binding, which I will finish later this week, as I need some hand work to keep me busy during a car trip. Baby quilt from Aunt Theresa's embroidery blocks for Cindy K.jpg The 2nd quilt was actually a repair job, of which I forgot to take a before picture. Luckily the center of the quilt was in very good shape, but the borders, well let's just say it was obvious the quilt was well loved. I ended up removing the batting in the border that could be safely removed, added some small pieces of stabilizer in a few areas where the fabric was really weak. I then added two layers of cotton batting, hand basted and then quilted it with the crosshatch pattern. The binding is new, the only fabric I could find to go with the colors. It looks like the center of the quilt is from feed sacks. I felt honored and scared to work on these and remembering my godfather while doing so. Hope you like them.
    Baby quilt repaired for Cindy K.jpg

They look wonderful! You did a great job with them. I love old quilts...especially the hand stitched ones.
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Wonderful job on both and sweet memories to go with them.

Comment

Beautiful work!! Glad you were there to save these!!

Comment

Those are adorable!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

You did a great job!
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

You did a fine job on these beautiful quilts!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

those are both lovely. you did a great job on them. Good for you.

Comment

Amazing quilting on the first one! I love them both!

Comment

Two beautiful quilts, the first is wonderful, and the quilting highlights all those beautiful embroideries, the other is very original and has many memory, congratulations on your good work

Comment

Stunning finishes and great saves. You did a fabulous job on them both 💕💕🧵⭐️
                      💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

WOW you did a great job.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Beautiful quilts - I especially LOVE the quilting you did on the baby quilt.

Comment

Working...
                          X