Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing our Quilts Day #5

IT'S BAG DAY

I'm not sure how my passion for bag making started, but I am truly my happiest when I'm cranking out some sort of bag. I do believe my first bag was one of Jenny's "Three Tote Bags from One Charm Pack".

IMG_0046.JPG

I also got hooked on the little Click bags, with the carpenter's tape in the top for opening and closing, and have made various sizes and shapes of that one.

20190901_161006.jpg

I participated in a Crafty Gemini Bag Club and got hooked on her “Everyday Bag”…. So fun to make and very easy to tailor to individual tastes and hobbies. Here are just a few that I made for, teachers, musicians, scientists, gardners, dancers – well you get the picture.

Teacher bag.jpg pOTTER BAG.gif artist bag.jpg

These little cross body cell phone bags (Yoan Studios) were made for my 2 DGDs. One is studying sign language and the other is a ballerina.

IMG_4374.jpg IMG_4325.jpg

Got hooked on this cute little wristlet from Lori Nunmaker and have made a ton of them – just can’t seem to stop.

20210302_083540.jpg 635175461.jpg

Our own Terry got me started on this one…pattern is in Block Magazine…..this one is a real scrap buster.

IMG_0443.jpg

.......continued tomorrow

You are definitely a "bag" lady, but in a very good way! Creativity is unlimited!

Rob
    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
    Anna Bates
    "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

Cathy, you certainly are very professional in the quality of your gorgeous bags! I ordered a divided purse pattern, but feel so intimidated! They look so good!!
      Kathryn
      There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

I’ve always loved your bags! You do a great job finding the perfect fabric and with the construction. Keep ‘em coming, Carol!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Beautiful bags!!!!

Comment

Wow! What a journey! Love your bags! Isn’t it fun to carry one of your bags you made and people comment and can’t believe you made your bag! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Lovely bags, Carol... I’ve made a few in my time but definitely not to this scale. You have an eye for the perfect fabrics for bags, too.
              "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

You are the bag lady champion! I love how you find just the right fabric for each. Gina

Comment

Wow, such variety. Love your fabric choices and your workmanship is beautiful. I think the Harry Potter one is my favorite.
                  Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Lovely bags! You definitely have a talent for making them. I'm sure they are much appreciated!
                    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

My goodness. Your bags are so cute.

Comment

Love these!! I'm going to make my daughter the harry potter one as a surprise. She's getting ready for college would be great for things!! You're very talented!!

Comment

I truly love your bags. I made a lot of those "click" bags when they were so popular. I still have a couple of them that I didn't give away. 😁 I really like the cross body cell phone bags. I don't carry a purse or bag as DH is paranoid that someone is going to grab & run with it so everything important (essentials only) goes in my pocket. 😒 By now you must be a master at zippers. 🤣 Thank you for such a great day of showing. I'm ready for Wednesday!

Comment

Wow you are a very talented bag lady!

Comment

You have my utmost admiration....you do zippers. The scare the beegeebees out of me. I can do pillows.... it bags....oh my! Thank you for sharing 🧵 👛
                              💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Working...
                              X