Frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frames

As most of you know, I've been on a Kansas Troubles kick lately. I was looking at some pictures of quilts the other day trying to get some inspiration, and to do something that would result in a confidence builder for me. I came across a quilt that seemed simple enough to construct. The fabric choices will be the real star. So here is what I came up with. I call it "Frames." It's 52x52.

I think I might put my father's quilt back in the queue for a bit, because I'm not as comfortable with the stars as I want to be. Plus, like I said I could use a confidence builder. The fabric is KT's "Through the Years."

Rob

Frames.JPG
    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
    Anna Bates
    "Quilt Roadies"

I love this but I’m quite a fan of bold geometrics. 52” square is a good size.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I love this too. I like clean and simple.
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

This looks nice, Rob. This pattern looks so cool when folded and placed on the back of a couch. A friend of mine has a similar designed quilt on her couch and this reminded me of it. Simple but has a statement. I can totally understand feeling the need for a confidence booster. I did the opposite and just dove in. My quilting mentor would knock her head on a table when I’d bring a pattern over that was above my skill set. She humored me and I challenged myself anyway. Lol.. She worried I’d get frustrated and stop quilting...no way! Your star on dad’s quilt looked excellent....
        "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I like it. You know I'm a kansas troubles fan. It appeals to me.

Comment

Looks good. Will lend itself to a variety of quilting choices too I would think.

Comment

Very nice! I like the simplicity of it.
              Maria

Comment

Working...
              X