Shamrock Table Mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shamrock Table Mat

I finished the Shamrock table mat I started yesterday. We 578CDA75-D291-4B25-8148-8E97B9B3A1B3.jpeg A4A0650D-B3D7-46F4-A538-AFBCAB4D79BF.jpeg needed something for St Pat’s Day other than a small runner I made years ago. This mat was made from scraps in my stash. The bright yellow represents gold at the end of the rainbow. The centers of the shamrock are leftover border fabric from another project. If I make another one I will do a few things differently. What do you think about the button? The center matched perfectly so it’s not needed to cover up an oops. The pattern is Shamrock Table Centre by Sweet Pea Designs. So many of my favorite things were made from their designs. Thank you for looking....
    Last edited by Bubby; March 1, 2021, 03:39 PM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

That is absolutely beautiful, Barb!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Barb. that is absolutely awesome. I really like the button in the center (even if it isnt an oops - LOl) Your quilting is so beautiful.

Comment

That's absolutely lovely, Barb! I really like the button as well. It goes nicely with it. That stitching is just gorgeous and perfect! Did you use your embroidery machine?
        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Thank you, Heike. Yes, I made it on my embroidery machine. I have a Janome 12000.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
            Thank you, Heike. Yes, I made it on my embroidery machine. I have a Janome 12000.
            I'm thinking about what sewing machine to get next. I might have to get an embroidery machine. That table mat is gorgeous!
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Really pretty. I like the button too and didn't think for a moment that it was cover-up.

Comment

Originally posted by srgreene View Post
                Really pretty. I like the button too and didn't think for a moment that it was cover-up.
                I often use buttons to cover up unmatched centers on projects like this.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbillyhike View Post

I'm thinking about what sewing machine to get next. I might have to get an embroidery machine. That table mat is gorgeous!
                  Mine is a combo sew/embroidery machine. I love it.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Barb, it turned out sooo pretty! Love the decorative stitching!
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Love love the way that turned out!! Just beautiful!!

Comment

I like the button and lucky you to have the "right stuff"in your stash. It's beautiful and will look so pretty on your table. I think a pretty plate of Girl Scout cookies would look very festive since it's that time of year. Who could say No to Thin Mints.

Comment

I love it and especially that you used different type of fabrics for it. Sweet pea designs are so fun!

Comment

Thank you for your kind words everyone. It feels good to actually finish something. My first finish of 2021.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I love this! And the button is perfect. Thanks for showing us your pretty centerpiece!

Comment

Working...
                              X