Sharing our Quilts Day # 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing our Quilts Day # 3

Today I thought I might mix it up a little and show some of the little wall quilts I make as well as some of the other little tchotchkes I love to make.

These star quilts are from Jenny's "Baby Blocks" Tutorial, - I just love that star.

0617181451.jpg 0529181308.jpg 0529181307.jpg

This one was fininshed last week, just in time for St Patty's Day. Don't look too close, many mistakes in this one - LOL.

IMG_20210225_100142.jpg

This is my table at the last craft show I did before the pandemic. Christmas 2019. As you can see I went a little crazy making stockings that year - and I think I only brought 1 home with me.
    craft show.jpg

These lilttle tissue holders are great stocking stuffers and many times I'll make one to match special order bags.

IMG_0006.JPG

Before I found my love for sewing (again) I was an avid scrapbooker and my ex DIL and I attended a scrapping retreat twice a years for many years. However sewing quickly took over all my time, of course, and I eventually stopped attending the retreats. I really missed all the wonderful friends I had made over that scrapbooking table though and I guess the feeling was mutual. The gals kept asking me to just come, but there really wasn't enough room for my sewing gear, and I had given all my scrapbooking stuff to my DIL. Two years ago my DIL called me and said that they had found a house in our area that was set up for any type of crafting, including sewing/quilting.....soooo I was back in the fold. I'm the only sewist in the group and I always take a little handmade something for the girls and bunches of stuff for raffles......it's a wonderful time. Anyway - at one retreat I made all the gals a mat with pockets to put under their Crucit Machines (I did not make the orange cover)

IMG_0441.jpg

So - that's my story for today. I hope you enjoy.

Attached Files

Fun projects! Those tissue holders are the best little items. Fast and easy scrap buster. The mat is a great idea. It's so nice that you have a craft room to use for all the hobbies.

Comment

Another great show today! Such a variety of beautiful things!
      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Your spa color quilts are very nice. Love the colors. You're tempting me to try something new with all of your cute bags.

Comment

Love the star quilts! And all the many other projects you shared. My daughter was a scrapbooker she had every doo dad and every model of Cricut. Now she is a quilter and bag maker. I know people are using their Cricut Makers for fabric. So she bought one for me and I just started using it for fabric.

Comment

I'm interested to know how that's working for you Jean. From the little I've seen it just seems llike it would take longer than my trusty rotary cutter. But I really love new gadgets!!!!!!

Comment

Wonderful show of everything. I'm Irish so love love your St paddys day wall hanging.

Comment

Love your stars & stockings! I've made a few stockings as well. I also wondered about the Cricut to cut fabric. Gina

Comment

Awesome star quilts! And how lovely that you are able to gather with your scrapbook gals. I bet they all love the things you make for them. Who knows, maybe you might inspire one or two to start sewing. My BFF in CA was into scrapbooking and I had my sewing. She got me into scrapbooking and I taught her how to sew. Now we are both focused on sewing and machine embroidery and our scrapbooking supplies are just hanging out in bins and closets.
                  Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ginny B View Post
                    Awesome star quilts! And how lovely that you are able to gather with your scrapbook gals. I bet they all love the things you make for them. Who knows, maybe you might inspire one or two to start sewing. My BFF in CA was into scrapbooking and I had my sewing. She got me into scrapbooking and I taught her how to sew. Now we are both focused on sewing and machine embroidery and our scrapbooking supplies are just hanging out in bins and closets.
                    I actually did "graduate" to digital scrapbooking and did that for a few years in the end. Really eliminated a TON of stuff - LOL. However it was greatly frowned on by the traditional scrapbookers - kinda like hand quilting vs machine quilting.

Comment

You are truly a fiber artist! Love everything on display today. Your stars definitely turned out much better than the majority of mine, but it gives me something to shoot for.

Rob
                      If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
                      Anna Bates
                      "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

All wonderful projects. You are so creative. I’ve been wanting to make one of the sewing machine mats for myself but I get easily distracted...lol...great show today!
                        "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Carol...this is a wonderful sharing today! I love all your Star quilts and tissue covers. I always intend to make them and always forget! Your table with your offerings was awesome!! I hope you get to do that again.
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Love the different star quilt variations!
                            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
                              I'm interested to know how that's working for you Jean. From the little I've seen it just seems llike it would take longer than my trusty rotary cutter. But I really love new gadgets!!!!!!
                              I have a Silhouette Cameo cutter, which is similar to a Cricut. It is useful for cutting shapes like letters or circles or animal shapes. The size is infinitely adjustable up to 12"x12", so I am not limited to whatever size template is available. I use the Silhouette for paper crafting much more than for fabric. Just like scissors, I have a separate Silhouette cutting blade for fabric and one for paper.

Comment

Working...
                              X