Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip Around the World To the Emerald Isle

62B4D788-9E95-4628-BE91-BF344CE62B20.jpeg image.jpg
    Took my second Trip Around the World to beautiful Green Ireland (home of my paternal grandparents). I wanted to try this a second time and with these pretty green fabrics ( maybe a shamrock, leprechaun and pot of gold in there also!). This one has less fabrics in the collection than my first one, so it ended up a bit smaller without the borders. I had to get creative to enlarge it to fit the queen size bed. See my corner detail as to how I transitioned from Plan A ( enlarging on the sides only) to Plan B ( enlarging all 4 sides. I forgot that this top was square to begin with, not rectangular.)

Still found Donna Jordan’s tutorial so helpful in Putting it together, maybe twice as fast! Now I have more ideas on fabrics to try for more pretty quilts. Kaffe Fassett fabrics? What a riot of color!

Not quilted yet, i have a couple of projects with upcoming deadlines to work on then I will quilt it after they are finished. I am pretty stoked about this one!

Awestruck by this!! It is so beautiful. Unbelievable how fast you are creating these...
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I will send you my address in case you decide you don't want it. Lol love love this!! Irish to the core ...I'm going to make one today now, I have a collection of fabrics someone bought me from joanns. My good collection is in my dresdan Irish chain. Just love it!!!

Comment

Jean, this is absolutely gorgeous! I've got to check out Donna's tutorial on the fast cutting. This quiltis bee-yoo-t-ful! Gina

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
          I will send you my address in case you decide you don't want it. Lol love love this!! Irish to the core ...I'm going to make one today now, I have a collection of fabrics someone bought me from joanns. My good collection is in my dresdan Irish chain. Just love it!!!
          Can’t wait to see it! All kinds of possibilities are swirling around in my head about more of these!

Comment

Originally posted by geegeequilts View Post
            Jean, this is absolutely gorgeous! I've got to check out Donna's tutorial on the fast cutting. This quiltis bee-yoo-t-ful! Gina
            Donna did the tutorial on putting the squares together. The fast cutting tutorial was on YouTube called power cutting. The one I watched was by an educator from the West Michigan quilt group.

Comment

Beautiful! This Irish gal can't seem to get herself in gear so I'll enjoy looking at yours.
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Jean, I like this one even better than your first one. Your greens are awesome. It has to be tugging on my Irish heart. Beautiful quilt! Are you going to make one in Kaffe? I hope so!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                  Jean, I like this one even better than your first one. Your greens are awesome. It has to be tugging on my Irish heart. Beautiful quilt! Are you going to make one in Kaffe? I hope so!
                  yes wouldn’t a Kaffe one be awesome? I do have a collection of his fabrics that I could use.

Comment

Jean, you amaze me, it’s gorgeous ❣️❣️❣️ This is now on my list! Thank you for all your help and suggestions 🧵🧵

You know we really do need a WOW button ❣️
                    Last edited by Star lover; February 27, 2021, 11:30 AM.
                    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                      62B4D788-9E95-4628-BE91-BF344CE62B20.jpeg image.jpg
                      Took my second Trip Around the World to beautiful Green Ireland (home of my paternal grandparents). I wanted to try this a second time and with these pretty green fabrics ( maybe a shamrock, leprechaun and pot of gold in there also!). This one has less fabrics in the collection than my first one, so it ended up a bit smaller without the borders. I had to get creative to enlarge it to fit the queen size bed. See my corner detail as to how I transitioned from Plan A ( enlarging on the sides only) to Plan B ( enlarging all 4 sides. I forgot that this top was square to begin with, not rectangular.)

Still found Donna Jordan’s tutorial so helpful in Putting it together, maybe twice as fast! Now I have more ideas on fabrics to try for more pretty quilts. Kaffe Fassett fabrics? What a riot of color!

Not quilted yet, i have a couple of projects with upcoming deadlines to work on then I will quilt it after they are finished. I am pretty stoked about this one!
                      WOW WOW WOW.....how awesome.

Comment

Beautiful Jean. I think it may be my favorite of the two.

Comment

You are amazing!

Comment

Aye and begorrah lass, this is more than a wee bit of Irish. What a beautiful job!

Rob
                            If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
                            Anna Bates
                            "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

It’s beautiful. My daughter would love it. Green is her favorite color. I really like the two colors only on the quilt.
                              Carlie

Comment

Working...
                              X