No announcement yet.

Sharing Quilts Day #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love to make small bags and have made quite a few in my time. However, I've not made "hundreds" like you....probably only about 25. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    You & your DH must have a blast at the dance club. I wish my DH liked to dance. We did take a square dance class when we were dating. Thanks for such a great show of great bags. I love seeing how talented all our quilters are here on this forum.

Comment

Carol I remember when she showed us her first bags for dance shoes I thought it was fantastic to be able to dance and enjoy your great hobby and today I see those bags again and they seem so pretty, great job

Comment

So many beautiful bags!! You're so talented Carol! I love when my hubby asks me to make something for him.
        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

Good Lord....you struck gold with these. So creative..and hopefully lucrative. I made my nephew a Star Wars duffel bag a few years ago and it just about did my head in...lol... havenโ€™t attempted it since. Beautiful work!
          "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

They certainly are beautiful.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Such beautiful bags. You brought me into a time travel moment. Way, way back after high school when I first started working in the city, I had a shoe bag that I used on bad weather days.....mostly in the winter. All of us commuting ladies would wear our boots to travel through the snow and slush and the wet subway platforms and trains and carry our heels in the bags to put on when we got to the office. But they were certainly not as beautiful as yours. Carrying shoes to go dancing certainly is more fun than carrying them to go to work. I hope you get back to your dancing soon.
              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Wow! Such amazing bags, all of them! I get emails from By Annie all the time and see the bag patterns. I always think I'd like to try one but then I chicken out-- I hate sewing in zippers!
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Originally posted by Dove View Post
                  Wow! Such amazing bags, all of them! I get emails from By Annie all the time and see the bag patterns. I always think I'd like to try one but then I chicken out-- I hate sewing in zippers!
                  When I started making bags I ran away from any pattern that included a zipper. But quite honestly, with a little practice they really are easy to do.

Comment

Shoe bags. What a great idea. I could see using these when I go to retreat. No mess in my suitcase

Comment

Working...
                    X