By request: Simple Pleasures, by me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By request: Simple Pleasures, by me

I can’t believe I didn’t share this in my trunk show. It is a personal favorite. Back story: I have collected paper piece patterns for several years of various blocks by different designers and just put them in a file folder. Some I purchased...some were free. Had no idea what I was going to do with them.. one day...about 2 months before moving, I needed a project to distract me while packing our house up and preparing for selling....anywhoo....I had some vintage looking fabrics from several collections so I grabbed some and just started making all the different blocks. When I had about 10 of them done, I decided to buy EQ8 to design a quilt layout to keep me focused. This is my first design on EQ8. Every block is paper pieced, including the filler strips of flying geese and some of my favorite traditional quilt blocks... I love this quilt.... I titled it, Simple Pleasures because all the blocks are things that bring me joy. So, if you want to learn about me....this quilt will answer all your curiosities... (I hand embroidered the title on the front of quilt since this picture was taken. And, yes...I’m a clothes horse and lipstick hoarder....jus saying...)

E489721B-7142-4CC4-BC1F-3ED5E5F3CCEF.jpeg
    6AAE6102-672B-4189-A10D-8C9968131766.jpeg
    2CDAE653-BD92-447D-9FA9-8C40466D167A.jpeg
    01495D99-078E-41A1-82B4-B8477C8BAD4B.jpeg

769A8C21-667E-4977-BCCE-40A27AC347A1.jpeg
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

That is an amazing piece of work. Sometimes simple is anything but, and it definitely works on this design. Great job!

Rob
    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
    Anna Bates
    "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

Well you named it Simple Pleasures but it sure ain't a simple quilt by any stretch of the imagination. And constructing it while trying to move, are you kidding me, pardon my saying this but are you nuts LOL !!!!!! It was alot of work for you but it turned out so beautiful. You should be very proud. And keep it hanging up forever. Maybe retitle Shrine to My Crazy.
      Last edited by jjkaiser; February 26, 2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

What a work of art! And such a story behind the quilt is something you will never forget!

Comment

I really liked the heart!! I envy anyone that does paper piecing, I don't have the patience for it.
          Kathryn
          There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

What an awesome quilt and such a wonderful way to show the things you love. This will be cherished by your family for many many years

Comment

I’m amazed at your ability to come up (during a move 😳) such a stunning quilt! An autobiography of fabric.....beautiful❣️❣️🧵
              💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Beautiful!! I've dabbled in pp, but a quilt ..not yet. Just gorgeous!!

Comment

That is so beautiful, beyond words!
                  Katrina
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

What an amazing quilt! I hope you have a large wall where you can display this beauty for all to see. It is so personal. I just love it! The fabric you chose suits it perfectly!

Comment

Simply stunning. I have played around with paper piecing so I know some of those blocks were really intricate.
                      Debbie

Comment

A work of art!
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Teen, that quilt is FABULOUS!!! What a fun and interesting look at YOU!

A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

That is so pretty. perfect colors, perfect fabrics. Lovely!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
                              I really liked the heart!! I envy anyone that does paper piecing, I don't have the patience for it.
                              I don't like paper piecing either.
                              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                              X