Sharing Quilts Day #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Quilts Day #1

When Barb asked me to participate in the “Sharing our Quilts” group, I felt like she must have made a mistake. My first thoughts were “but I mostly make bags and “little stuff” hardly ever make a quilt”. And I can tell you that I rarely remember to take a picture of my finished “creations.” AND – we won’t even go into my skill level – just suffice it to say I’m way out of my league here!!!!

Sew, I told Barb I would look through my pictures and see if I could come up with enough stuff to participate. Can I just say I was shocked, not only by the number of quilts I had actually made, since this journey began in about 2012, but I couldn’t believe how often I actually remembered to document my journey with pictures.

0224181143.jpg IMG_20210225_094704_hdr.jpg
    The Red quilt started out to be a bed runner. It was made using alll scraps and somehow grew into a ginormous queen size quilt.

The purple and gold one (sans quilting and binding) was made for a silent auction to raise funds for a program at JMU called "Safe Rides" Our DGD was involved with it when she attended the college and was president in her Sr year. The program offers rides to students who have partied, shall we say, "a little too Hearty". It was probably the worse quilt I have made. Thepiecing itself was fine, but the FMQ - not so much. Thread kept breaking, machine kept skipping stitches (yes yes I know - all operator error) but the girl that had the winning bid absolutely loved it.(purple and gold areJMU colors)

20200128_163940.jpg

The Valentine Table runner was made for a favorite niece of mine.

So there you have day 1 of my quilting journey. I hope you enjoy looking and will try to hold your interest this week.

Happy Friday everyone!!!
    Last edited by Carol336; February 26, 2021, 06:14 AM.

Thank you for showing. Love anything red.

Comment

Well, I think your skill level is right there on top, so stop with that noise! These are so pretty, very happy quilts. Of course, I love your red and white projects, the runner is lovely, and so is the quilt. And the story about the college quilt is heartwarming, doing that for your granddaughter. Thanks for agreeing to share your beautiful projects! Can’t wait to see more!

Comment

I had a feeling you had treasures to share with us, Carol! I love your projects, especially your red quilt. The heart runner is so pretty...it’s my favorite easy runner pattern because it’s so versatile. The Safe Rides quilt is perfect for a 👩‍🎓. There’s not one thing wrong with your skill level at all! Thanks for sharing today!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Don’t sell yourself so short....your quilt is beautiful and the runner is stunning! Thank you for being bold and sharing 🧵💕🧵💕
          💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

I think your work is wonderful and I am so happy you got out your memory pictures for us
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

I'm glad you remembered to document through the years. I know I just started quilting in 2012, too. It's easy to forget what all we have done!
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

What beautiful work!! The red is my favorite. Love all your projects though! Great job!! Btw I haven't made a purse yet can't wait to see purse day!

Comment

Great start to what I know is going to be a great show! Love all your projects!

Rob
                  If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
                  Anna Bates
                  "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

Love all you have shared today. Don't short change yourself. You do beautiful work.
                    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

animated-sewing-machine-image-0002.gif Beautiful quilts ! I love the purple and gold, very happy looking quilt.

Comment

Great show & tell today! The red quilt is beautiful.
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Glad you jumped in to show us your projects. I love the red one and grrat cause for the JMU quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I love that heart table runner and the quilts, and so many of my quilts somehow never end up being the size I was going for either.

Comment

Great quilts to show and I love the story of the quilt you made for your DGD.

Comment

Working...
                              X