Fun with a block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun with a block

I’m thinking of making the Harriet’s Journey 100 block 6”:sampler and designing my own layout. Received my book the other day and decided to make one block for my 6” stand. These aren’t the colors I would use but looks so cute sitting on my antique icebox in my dining room. Of course, I chose an applique block to do...lol... turned edge and machine sewn..

AAC04CCF-6424-4217-96DB-CB86C727FF9D.jpeg
    2B64B492-E71F-43AD-9F72-CFF9EDA02E90.jpeg
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's just adorable!

Comment

That's so cute!!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

100 of these? Wow! It is just so beautiful! I can’t imagine how much work 100 would be!

Comment

That is too cute!! Can I ask something? I want to start collecting some text prints. Do you know of a FQ or designer etc that carries a lot of them more than others?
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I purchased that book as well. I like what you did. It is very cute. Someday I hope to make my version of that quilt.
            Carlie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
              That is too cute!! Can I ask something? I want to start collecting some text prints. Do you know of a FQ or designer etc that carries a lot of them more than others?
              Thank you, Lorie...I do buy a lot of text print for BG fabric...usually black on neutral.. and typically more then a FQ and buy from various sites. Fabric.com carries a wide variety but so does Etsy...better prices then LQS or FQS.. I just bought a couple of yards of Jane Austen’s handwriting/correspondence and it’s fabulous. Anywhoo...I have found “FQ bundles of misc text prints” by just googling that phrase. I covet this in my stash...lol...

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                100 of these? Wow! It is just so beautiful! I can’t imagine how much work 100 would be!
                Thank you, Jean...No, not 100 of same block. This is just one block pattern in the sampler. All 100 blocks are different from each other...some pieced, some foundation paper piecing, and some applique. I did a 140 block sampler called Sylvia’s Bridal Sampler and shared that during my trunk show...I like the variety and skill challenges in samplers.

Comment

Oh that is really cute on that stand there!! You can really go to town with this idea. And sometimes you need a break from making big quilts. Small things are fun.

Comment

That's absolutely adorable!! Love the pattern and text print. Nice colors too. What kind of thread do you use? Stabilizer? Lori Holt does sew in stabilizer and turns her pieces.
                    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I do so much raw edge applique. I wanted to do a quilted with turn edge applique..do you need to buy a bolt of stabilizer?

Comment

Love love your block btw

Comment

How cute! You are very talented ......and gifted.....it’s beautiful 🧵❣️💕
                          💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Originally posted by Teen View Post

Thank you, Lorie...I do buy a lot of text print for BG fabric...usually black on neutral.. and typically more then a FQ and buy from various sites. Fabric.com carries a wide variety but so does Etsy...better prices then LQS or FQS.. I just bought a couple of yards of Jane Austen’s handwriting/correspondence and it’s fabulous. Anywhoo...I have found “FQ bundles of misc text prints” by just googling that phrase. I covet this in my stash...lol...
                            Thank you! That Jane Austen print is beautiful!
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Fun quilt block. Your quilt sounds like it is quite ambitions with 100 blocks. You are off with a running start. It's always more fun to play with layouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X