Shout out to Rhonda K.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shout out to Rhonda K.

As some of you might remember, Cheryl and I are working on a project that we will donate to the basset rescue group that we adopted Patsy from. Here is the quilt design that I have so far.

GABR Basset.JPG
    Back when I first decided that we would design and donate a quilt, Rhonda K. graciously offered to help us out however she could. She suggested embroidering a basset we could incorporate into the quilt. Never being one to let a good opportunity go to waste, I asked her if she would be willing to make four of the blocks that we could then use as cornerstones on the quilt field (they will go where the silhouettes are on the quilt). Without hesitating, she agreed. I offered to pay her for her time and the materials, but she said no, she wanted to do this as a gift to us and Patsy. Today, I got the package that contained the blocks. Earlier I asked Rhonda if she would mind if I posted them here, and she said she didn't. I'm glad, because I want to give a shout-out to her for doing something that took time out of her busy life to take care of. These are perfect, and whatever the quilt eventually brings when it is auctioned off will be in no small part thanks to her. Patsy even barked her seal of approval.

Rhonda K., you are the best!

Rob

Here are two of the four blocks. Patsy definitely approves!

IMG_20210225_132717394.jpg
    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
    Anna Bates
    "Quilt Roadies"

They are absolutely beautiful.
    Carlie

Comment

Where is my WOW button?
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

That is fantastic!! Love our community/family here!! Great job Rhonda!!

Comment

Yep, I'm with Monique, we need a WOW button!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I triple the WOW button! So very sweet and generous of Rhonda.....it’s gonna be puppylocious! OK, kinda corny, but ....WOW ❣️❣️❣️
            💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

I'm on the WOW button train! Nicely done Rhonda!! This will be a wonderful quilt for a wonderful cause.
              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Omgosh...those are amazing! Can’t wait to see the end result of your collaboration. I would so bid on this in auction!! Such giving hearts!
                "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Those are great and will be perfect for your quilt!

Comment

Kudos to Rhonda...those turned out fantastic! I’m sure your quilt will look fantastic, Rob!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

What beautiful blocks for your quilt, great collaborative efforts!!!

Comment

This forum has the BEST people!

Comment

Rob,

Thank you for letting me help with your project. I loved seeing the story of Patsy and her rescue. It reminded me of our dear Beau and his rescue. Like Patsy he had a unique story but just wanted some love and TLC. From one rescue to another, the blocks were made with special memories of our Beau. He was my sewing mascot too.

Of course, we know these rescues really rescue us!

I can't wait to see how you work them into the quilt!

Comment

That is just precious! Can’t wait to see the finished quilt! The design is awesome.

Comment

those are really cute! Thank you to both of you for rescuing pets.

Comment

Working...
                              X