Kansas Troubles stashbuster (I hope)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas Troubles stashbuster (I hope)

Here is the final design for my next project. I named it Star of Comfort 9 Patch. I have hopes that it will make a major dent in my Kansas Troubles fabric, but I've designed it in such a way that there should be very little waste. I only had to order some yardage for the border, but everything else is in my stash. Colors are generally going to be as I have them, but specific fabric patterns may not be. Final size is 68x68.

Rob

Star of Comfort Nine Patch.JPG
    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
    Anna Bates
    "Quilt Roadies"

Oh I really like that design! The colors you chose are beautiful together! Are each of the taupe/beige fabrics different prints? This one will be a winner!

Comment

Interesting design, Rob, I like the two sizes of blocks you used. I think this will look great in Kansas Troubles.
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

I love this design! A teeny suggestion how about the 9P blocks at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock be the same. Otherwise it looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
          I love this design! A teeny suggestion how about the 9P blocks at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock be the same. Otherwise it looks great.
          That's definitely something to consider, Jocelyn, thanks!

Rob
          Anna Bates
          "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

I like this one a LOT, Rob! It’s perfect for KT fabric.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Great looking design! I can't decide what to make with mine I love Kanas Trouble fabrics.
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Looks good to me.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Looks great...love the fabrics!!

Comment

What my eyes noticed was the similarity of the 9-patches at the far right in rows 1 and 2. The reds are very close in value, so those two blocks run together. To a lesser extent, the neutrals in the far left blocks rows 1 and 2 also flow together, as does the entire top row.

I'm curious -- in the entire bottom row and halfway up each side, you have alternated the 9-patches to make a checkerboard effect. Yet the 9-patches in the top row all have dark centers.

Comment

I concur with MSN...... I like this design for KST. I particularly like the 9P in the center of your stars..very cool..
                      "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by MSN View Post
                        What my eyes noticed was the similarity of the 9-patches at the far right in rows 1 and 2. The reds are very close in value, so those two blocks run together. To a lesser extent, the neutrals in the far left blocks rows 1 and 2 also flow together, as does the entire top row.

I'm curious -- in the entire bottom row and halfway up each side, you have alternated the 9-patches to make a checkerboard effect. Yet the 9-patches in the top row all have dark centers.
                        I have to admit that I didn't catch that until you said something. Changing that will be no problem to do, and definitely needs to be done. Thanks!

Rob
                        Anna Bates
                        "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

Yes I see that now, the top rows are not checker boarded like the bottom. Idk why I didn't notice that before but once you see it, you can't unsee it. It looks okay like you have it. Guess the final layout just depends on what look you are going for. Isn't it nice to have all these extra pairs of eyes.

Comment

You’re a stash busting guru! Love everything about your quilt......and I’m super sure, it’ll be even better with real fabric 🧵🧵🧵
                            💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

I love this design, Rob! For myself I'm wondering how a thin inner border between the stars and 9Ps would look...a place for the eyes to rest and to define the blocks and make them stand out more. Just a thought.
                              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
                              X