Sharing Quilts Day 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Quilts Day 7?

I love reading through the message board. Seeing everyone’s projects is so fun.
    I learned two things...
    1. I am not alone, so my husband will just have to deal with being a quilt widower (makes up for all the saturdays he used to spend on the golf course 😉)
    2. I need more scraps!!
    yesterday I spent way too much time following quilt pattern links but I think I found my next 12 projects!
    I did manage to finish the borders and backing for two projects so I can now send them off to get quilted!! Yeah!!
    I fell in love with the jewel tones of the rhombus quilt and HAD to try the pattern after watching a Jenny tutorial. I have found I am DEFINITELY angled challenged. The template made it easy but I still had stripping to do for sewing blocks on wrong. Didn’t help that the cats kept interfering!!
    The Red and pink is a pattern I saw in a magazine and I Love Love Love all things Kaffe. The colors are so vibrant.
    And I picked up a bear claw quilt I had done...I just need to put on a binding. Haven’t decided in the color yet. Maybe purple? I’ll have to go shopping!!
    As you can see from the picture, laying a quilt on the floor is code name for “Here kitty kitty!!”
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Love the Bear's Paw quilt!

As for your husband, just get him to start quilting. He'll spend more on that hobby than he ever did playing golf. Ask me how I know!

Rob
    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
    Anna Bates
    "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

I love the bears paw quilt too. I am not usually a fan of Kaffe's patterns, but your quilt makes me rethink this. It is more to my liking the way you have made your blocks. Thanks for showing us your quilts today (and of course the quilt 'anchors.')
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

So pretty! I love Kaffe fabrics! So color intense! All of your projects you have shared this week are so lovely and show such strong piecing skills! You aren’t afraid of complicated blocks and you do a beautiful job of selecting colors with intensity. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Beautiful quilts!! Love how your kitties are assisting you in showing them. If hubby doesn't take an interest, at least they do! 😉
          Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

That Bear Paw quilt is stunning!!! You have such a good eye for color. So glad you joined this series of "sharing your quilts". I've enjoyed every single day.

Comment

Thank you for all your comments! My eye for color is a good jelly roll!!! 😂 I used an ombré jelly roll for the bears paw. Each 2 matching strip made one paw. It was a lot of fun to assemble and picking out the variations of where they would be as well as wrestling the squares away from the cats. The extra squares went to the border.
              Lesson learned...I forgot to trim some dog ears on the claws and I can see them through the background now that it is quilted. Ah well....it adds character and gives it that authentic look. 😉

Comment

Beautiful quilts. I'm a jewel tone fan too

Comment

Another good show. My favorite for the day is the bear paw. It is on my to do list

Comment

I love Kaffe fabrics but haven't made the purchase of any....yet. Love your quilts & always love the feline anchors! Gina

Comment

Love your Bear Paw quilt! You are an excellent piece. Thanks for sharing with us!
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Love all the quilts you've selected for today's sharing! Love how you used the Kaffe fabric and highlighted it with the white. what was the pattern for that one?
                        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

A great showing indeed.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I love that bear paw quilt and of course your helper kitty too. Thank you for sharing your beautiful works of art. If the hubby is feeling left out, invite him to go along with you on your next fabric shopping trip😁.

Comment

Love all of them!!

Comment

Working...
                              X