Quilt Sharing Day 5 or 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing Day 5 or 6?

Oops. Forgot to post yesterday! As always I get lost. My husband says I get stuck in rabbit holes. My children say I get buried in my quilts and WIPs (of which there are many) and UFOs.
    Yesterday I finished the binding on my quilt. This one is for me. It’s London Blues quilt kit.
    At the start of COVID my husband was temporarily assigned to work in Washington DC 9051 miles away. So in April I decided to drive up and visit. Anticipating spending quality time with him, (everything was closed) I packed my sewing machine and the London Blues kit and several spools of blue thread and two bobbins. (No cats so I figured I would be safe with only two)
    For two weeks we enjoyed each other’s company. (If you ask him, he’ll say he heard the sewing machine in his sleep for a few weeks after)
    When I left I had a completed top!
    My local quilt shop has suspended longarm rentals in keeping with COVID safety precautions. And Because of those closures I had time on my hands—I have A LOT— of UFOs. recently I have sent them two at a time to get quilted by the skilled ladies at Quilting by the Bay. I even sent one for my son to Missouri Quilt Co. All done beautifully. Now I am sewing bindings on. The bright blues and purples is for my youngest son. It was a kit (I love kits—takes all the guess work out of picking colors and I learn new blocks and patterns and ways of making blocks differently.)
    The Irish chain I sent to my nephew in New Jersey.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

I have some of that London Blues fabric for a project that hasn't been started yet. I love the bright rich colors it has. Your quilt is superb! Your other ones are equally stunning. Thanks for sharing!

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

Your quilts are so pretty! Love the blue and black color ways! I love the simplicity of the Irish Chain!

Comment

All of our quilts are fabulous!! You do wonderful work!!!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Love your quilts! Gina

Comment

The blue quilt is so beautiful it makes my teeth ache. Love the purples too. thanks for sharing.

Comment

I love them all. So pretty.
              Carlie

Comment

No way to pick a favorite, all are stunning. If it wasn't for the little clock/calendar at bottom of computer screen I wouldn' t know what date it is most of the time. Often have to use that date to figure out which day of the week it is even.

Comment

Ooh that London Blues quilt is SO gorgeous! Who wouldn't want that on their bed. You did a fabulous job on that, and all your others are wonderful too.

Comment

My favorite is the blue and purple today. Thanks for sharing

Comment

It doesn't matter the day, those are beautiful quilts. You really took advantage of having some time to work on quilts. Love the Irish Chain colors!

Comment

Oh sooo pretty! Love them all

Comment

Ah!! Now i can't make up my mind!!! gorgeous!!!

Comment

Wow ❣️They’re gorgeous ❣️💕🧵
                            💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Your quilts are beautiful and exquisite. I am grateful for quilting, which has kept me busy during all the lock-downs as well.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                              X