Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillbillyhike
    replied
    I really love this one! The blocks and fabric choices are great.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied
    Love Kansas Troubles. Nice looking quilt.

Leave a comment:

• Rob the HOAQ
    replied
    Originally posted by chelea View Post
    That's a fun pattern. Depending on fabric chosen it could go in a lot of different directions... it would look great in batiks, go really modern and bright or sweet with soft florals, even baby/kid fabric. It would also be great when you have those smallish panels that are found along the edges of a panel. Thanks for sharing! (BTW, are you designing these on your EQ8?).
    The original quilt that served as my inspiration used bright blue and more muted blues (not to mention cream with blue spots) in it, which really looked nice. I chose the Kansas Troubles because I happened to have it on hand. You are right that the pattern definitely lends itself to numerous fabric choices.

Yes, I am using EQ8 to do my design work.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• chelea
    replied
    That's a fun pattern. Depending on fabric chosen it could go in a lot of different directions... it would look great in batiks, go really modern and bright or sweet with soft florals, even baby/kid fabric. It would also be great when you have those smallish panels that are found along the edges of a panel. Thanks for sharing! (BTW, are you designing these on your EQ8?).

Leave a comment:

• Teen
    replied
    Great job....nicely balanced colors so you did really well.. great border color choice, too.

Leave a comment:

• Ruthie734
    replied
    Nice work! I’m a fan of those Kansas Troubles fabrics .

Leave a comment:

• Star lover
    replied
    Fabulous quilt! You did a wonderful job on it 🧵❣️

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied
    Great job Rob.

Leave a comment:

• Rob the HOAQ
    replied
    Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
    That's really nice. I love those Kansas Troubles fabrics. How many quilts do you make in a year? You are so productive.
    Well, given that I haven't been doing this for a year (not until August) I can't answer that. To date, I have done 13 tops with four quilted and three in the bullpen, not to mention the ones that Cheryl will practice her FMQ on. I think having the free time to do it, plus years of not quitting writing until the story was complete (at least where newspapers were concerned) gave me the training to get things done. Believe me, I wish that would translate over to my free-lance stuff.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied
    That's really nice. I love those Kansas Troubles fabrics. How many quilts do you make in a year? You are so productive.

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied
    Love kansas troubles fabric...that's what I did my bear paw quilt out of. I have lots left over too. Alot went in my log cabin too.

Leave a comment:

• Rob the HOAQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
    Awesome job!! I'm so drawn to the colors ...then I love autumn colors!
    It's about 90 percent Kansas Troubles. Hardly made a dent in the Jelly Roll or the Layer Cake.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied
    Awesome job!! I'm so drawn to the colors ...then I love autumn colors!

Leave a comment:

• Rob the HOAQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    That is very nice! I’m not drawn to Civil War fabrics, but this is a very handsome quilt! How big is it?
    It's 56x56.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied
    That is very nice! I’m not drawn to Civil War fabrics, but this is a very handsome quilt! How big is it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X