Squares and Crosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squares and Crosses

Here is the finished top. I tried to keep the lights and the darks even throughout, but I'm not sure I succeeded. Each row has the same color cornerstones to give it some unity.

Rob

Squares and Crosses Finished.jpg
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Looks good. I often second guess my placements when I'm done with a project. I guess that's part of the artistry of quilt making. Always wondering "what if".

Comment

This looks really good!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Looks great! I always take pictures and go look at them on the computer screen. Another thing, I have the red sunglasses. That really helps with value placement.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

That is very nice! I’m not drawn to Civil War fabrics, but this is a very handsome quilt! How big is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
            That is very nice! I’m not drawn to Civil War fabrics, but this is a very handsome quilt! How big is it?
            It's 56x56.
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

Awesome job!! I'm so drawn to the colors ...then I love autumn colors!

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
                Awesome job!! I'm so drawn to the colors ...then I love autumn colors!
                It's about 90 percent Kansas Troubles. Hardly made a dent in the Jelly Roll or the Layer Cake.

Rob
                --Ken Burns

Comment

Love kansas troubles fabric...that's what I did my bear paw quilt out of. I have lots left over too. Alot went in my log cabin too.

Comment

That's really nice. I love those Kansas Troubles fabrics. How many quilts do you make in a year? You are so productive.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                      That's really nice. I love those Kansas Troubles fabrics. How many quilts do you make in a year? You are so productive.
                      Well, given that I haven't been doing this for a year (not until August) I can't answer that. To date, I have done 13 tops with four quilted and three in the bullpen, not to mention the ones that Cheryl will practice her FMQ on. I think having the free time to do it, plus years of not quitting writing until the story was complete (at least where newspapers were concerned) gave me the training to get things done. Believe me, I wish that would translate over to my free-lance stuff.

Rob
                      --Ken Burns

Comment

Great job Rob.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Fabulous quilt! You did a wonderful job on it 🧵❣️
                          💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Nice work! I’m a fan of those Kansas Troubles fabrics .

Comment

Great job....nicely balanced colors so you did really well.. great border color choice, too.
                              "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                              X