Share Quilting Day 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share Quilting Day 4

So backing up a little, I moved to Florida in 2003. I packed all my quilting into boxes and bags. Arriving in Florida in July, in a house with a defunct AC was not conducive to quilting. I also had a new 1-year-old.
    So. Three boys and 20 years later and my sisters daughter has a bridal shower. I thought “hey” I can do a signature quilt at the bridal shower!! I cut out squares and got 22 signatures and pieces of advice.
    Most of the advice centered in “never go to bed angry” and “this too shall pass” Huh. And I thought I would have to censor the advise....
    So I started piecing. It took me longer than I thought. I was busy with summer tourists (I have two pizza shops and we would get busy busy).
    I finished the top a year later. It was the only thing I took with me when we evacuated for Hurricane Michael in 2018 besides the kids, all my legal documents, cats and litter pans.
    Another year and it was completed! It was my first attempt at using a long arm machine. I took classes rented time at the local shop Quilting by the Bay. AND I WAS HOOKED!!! Why pierce my fingers! I am NOT sleeping beauty!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

That’s such a nice quilt. Autograph quilts make such personal gifts.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

What a beautiful gift.

Comment

Love signature quilts! Gina

Comment

That is a beautiful signature quilt and I am sure the receivers are glad you kept it save during the hurricane.

Comment

What a nice quilt!!

Comment

What a great quilt and what an incredible story, they will keep it as a treasure

Comment

Love it! Great job!

Rob
                If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
                Anna Bates
                "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

Beautiful quilts and beautiful models too.

Comment

Such a pretty quilt. So glad you were able to finish it & pass it on to your niece. It's something that will be cherished for so many, many years. Thanks for the show of another beauty.

Comment

Very pretty...giggling over your story...
                      "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Love the colors and the layout.

Comment

What a keepsake! I wish somebody had made one for me for my wedding. Your colors are great.

Comment

Love the quilt and the quilt story. It's so nice the LQS offers quilting lessons too.

Comment

Working...
                            X