Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearts and gizzards! Glad it’s finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monique
    replied
    It's beautiful Jean.

Leave a comment:

• Maria Sews
    replied
    Beautiful quilt! I like the fabrics you used. It looks very impressive in three colours.

Leave a comment:

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
    replied
    Your quilt is beautiful a great job, the colors are very cheerful and the white strip makes the blocks shine, congratulations on your new quilt

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied
    Great job!! Love love the colorways!! I love applique but have a hard time when it comes to repetitive, my current quilt 12 of the same..4 blocks in and it gets old. I'm currently looking for a standup frame for my longarm, I want to be like you!!

Leave a comment:

• Mary Lynn
    replied
    Beautiful quilt. It does look like a lot of work, but good for you sticking with it.

Leave a comment:

• Rob the HOAQ
    replied
    This is a very striking quilt! The colors are so nice and bright. You obviously did some detailed work, and it really shows. I am very impressed!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied
    Originally posted by CarlieBlilie View Post
    It is just plain gorgeous, Jean. I love it. Since I like applique I just may put this one on my list. I am like you and cleaning is low on my list. If it looks clean I'm fine. Cleaning is just not my priority, except the kitchen. When I was working things got set aside a lot more than they are now. My house is clean enough. I would rather spend time on my crafts.
    Me too! Cleaning is done for guests. No guests here for over a year! Except the bug man who comes every 2 months. I clean the floors for him!

Leave a comment:

• CarlieBlilie
    replied
    It is just plain gorgeous, Jean. I love it. Since I like applique I just may put this one on my list. I am like you and cleaning is low on my list. If it looks clean I'm fine. Cleaning is just not my priority, except the kitchen. When I was working things got set aside a lot more than they are now. My house is clean enough. I would rather spend time on my crafts.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied
    You did a great job! I was thinking my next scrappy quilt was going to be a Dresden, but reading these responses is making me rethink that plan. I am not an appliqué person ( like to look/admire but not do). Will give it some thought. Your quilt is beautiful as they all are.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied
    Originally posted by sydneybean View Post
    That is beautiful! I hate applique of any kind so don't know that I would ever attempt this one. Maybe on a smaller scale.
    It makes quite a cute pillow! CBB9A0AB-63FA-437C-9388-5E527F0BD3F5.jpeg 60859D6B-5C03-491E-BACD-5D53069AD2BF.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied
    Barb, it was not done in a week. The cutting and sewing the blocks were done weeks ago. It took Three straight days of sewing to finish it. I just wanted to get it moved off the UFO pile so I kept plugging away at it.

Leave a comment:

• sydneybean
    replied
    That is beautiful! I hate applique of any kind so don't know that I would ever attempt this one. Maybe on a smaller scale.

Leave a comment:

• Rhonda K
    replied
    A fabulous finish! Thank you for sharing your progress along the way. Jenny always makes it look so easy on the tutorials. They pull us right in.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied
    I’ve made a few Dresden’s and one Orange Peel quilt. I can see myself making this beautiful quilt. Jean, it turned out gorgeous. I’m amazed that you could finish it in one week even with the help of your Cricket. You amaze me!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied
    Originally posted by Mimi_Howard View Post
    That is a beautiful quilt. I am not sure if I will ever make a dresden plate quilt, I have made a few test blocks from different patterns and after sewing it down, I decide...no not ready to deal with all this top stitching over and over again. Some day maybe!
    I agree about the Dresden, also the orange peel quilt. I’m not an appliqué fan. And it is hard to quilt over the bulk.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X