Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearts and gizzards! Glad it’s finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearts and gizzards! Glad it’s finished!

7A161413-8C6B-45AC-87FA-A842D1BE429E.jpeg 6DF6FF74-3620-43B8-8863-C5E55E04BE3D.jpeg I worked for a number of days this week to get this finished. Originally fell in love with it when presented in Jenny’s tutorial, the first hurdle was to cut out the hearts! 8 per block, times 20 blocks = 160 hearts! No way these hands could do that many! So, my daughter had given me a Cricut Maker, which has a tiny rotary blade meant to cut fabric, and it intimidated me so much, I had not used it. With her phone tech support, I managed to figure out how to design and cut the hearts. Next challenge, after the blocks were sewn was to sew those hearts down! That was time consuming! But I didn’t need one more UFO languishing around, so I stuck with it and got it done. Jenny’s sample quilt was with a layer cake that had many colors. This one, that I had in my stash called A Quilter’s Garden, had three colors, scarlet, blue and cream. So I decided to make each 4 patch block with the same color blocks rather than mixing them.

I’m glad to have this one finished, and it may be the only one I ever do!

It's beautiful! I thought it looked labor intensive with all of the stitching down of those hearts. I'm glad you stuck with it and a bonus of learning how to use your cricut.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

It is a very pretty quilt! I love the colors you chose. I am so impressed with your speed in making these beautiful quilts! You are an inspiration to all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthie734 View Post
        It is a very pretty quilt! I love the colors you chose. I am so impressed with your speed in making these beautiful quilts! You are an inspiration to all of us.
        I live alone with a very big fabric stash. With nothing much else to occupy my time, sewing and quilting is what I do. So, yes, the quilts get finished because I have the time available to work on them. And making quilts no way impairs the amount of sleep I get! And cooking and cleaning are low on my priority list of daily occupations!

Comment

That is a beautiful quilt. I am not sure if I will ever make a dresden plate quilt, I have made a few test blocks from different patterns and after sewing it down, I decide...no not ready to deal with all this top stitching over and over again. Some day maybe!

Comment

Wow! Sure turned out beautiful! Love it.....and I’ll admire yours.....I’ll not be making this one. I don’t have a cricut and don’t plan on buying one. Cutting all those should be too much for me too. Love your fabric layout 🧵💕❣️
            💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Originally posted by Mimi_Howard View Post
              That is a beautiful quilt. I am not sure if I will ever make a dresden plate quilt, I have made a few test blocks from different patterns and after sewing it down, I decide...no not ready to deal with all this top stitching over and over again. Some day maybe!
              I agree about the Dresden, also the orange peel quilt. I’m not an appliqué fan. And it is hard to quilt over the bulk.

Comment

I’ve made a few Dresden’s and one Orange Peel quilt. I can see myself making this beautiful quilt. Jean, it turned out gorgeous. I’m amazed that you could finish it in one week even with the help of your Cricket. You amaze me!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

A fabulous finish! Thank you for sharing your progress along the way. Jenny always makes it look so easy on the tutorials. They pull us right in.

Comment

That is beautiful! I hate applique of any kind so don't know that I would ever attempt this one. Maybe on a smaller scale.

Comment

Barb, it was not done in a week. The cutting and sewing the blocks were done weeks ago. It took Three straight days of sewing to finish it. I just wanted to get it moved off the UFO pile so I kept plugging away at it.

Comment

Originally posted by sydneybean View Post
                        That is beautiful! I hate applique of any kind so don't know that I would ever attempt this one. Maybe on a smaller scale.
                        It makes quite a cute pillow! CBB9A0AB-63FA-437C-9388-5E527F0BD3F5.jpeg 60859D6B-5C03-491E-BACD-5D53069AD2BF.jpeg

Comment

You did a great job! I was thinking my next scrappy quilt was going to be a Dresden, but reading these responses is making me rethink that plan. I am not an appliqué person ( like to look/admire but not do). Will give it some thought. Your quilt is beautiful as they all are.

Comment

It is just plain gorgeous, Jean. I love it. Since I like applique I just may put this one on my list. I am like you and cleaning is low on my list. If it looks clean I'm fine. Cleaning is just not my priority, except the kitchen. When I was working things got set aside a lot more than they are now. My house is clean enough. I would rather spend time on my crafts.
                            Carlie

Comment

Originally posted by CarlieBlilie View Post
                              It is just plain gorgeous, Jean. I love it. Since I like applique I just may put this one on my list. I am like you and cleaning is low on my list. If it looks clean I'm fine. Cleaning is just not my priority, except the kitchen. When I was working things got set aside a lot more than they are now. My house is clean enough. I would rather spend time on my crafts.
                              Me too! Cleaning is done for guests. No guests here for over a year! Except the bug man who comes every 2 months. I clean the floors for him!

Comment

Working...
                              X