Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHARING QUILTS

My Quilts
    i started quilting the hard way 21 years ago. I hand pieced and hand quilted a queen sized quilt. I started because I wanted to finish a quilt started by either my grandmother or another relative that passed. When we cleaned out my grandmothers old blanket chest after she passed in 1997 we found partial blocks hand pieced.
    So began my journey.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

That is a wonderful quilt. So glad you were able to finish it.

Comment

Beautiful! I know it means so much more to you, because it was started by your grandmother.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

How beautiful! So glad you were able to complete this!

Comment

That’s a beautiful quilt and such a wonderful tribute to your grandmother to be able to finish it for her. So cool that you both, ultimately, worked on it..special... thanks for sharing...
          "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Amazing job you did. I would never have guessed this was an early piece for anyone, much less a first! Your Grandmother would be so proud of you.

Comment

What a great way to start quilting....carrying on what a family member started. Pretty job on the quilt. Did you add a label to it?
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Gorgeous quilt with a wonderful story!! Gllad you shared!!

Comment

Such a beautiful quilt. I’m sure it was a blessing finishing a quilt your grandmother started. Thank you for sharing this.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That is a beautiful beginning into the quilting world. It's fun to know what sparks the interest. It's a beautiful block design and quilt. Thank you for sharing this one today!

Comment

What a beautiful tribute to your family. And to hand sew. I so admire those here in the forum that do so much with hand sewing. Give me a needle and thread and all of a sudden I am all thumbs.

Comment

Very pretty!! Imprethat it's completely hand done!
                        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Beautiful! I admire anyone who has the patience to hand sew and quilt- and yours is amazing!
                          ~ Carol from PA

Comment

What a beautiful quilt from your relative. A hand pieced & hand quilted quilt is so special in today's time. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Comment

What a wonderful keepsake you have! Your work looks great. No one would ever guess you were a beginner. It is a beautiful quilt and a beautiful story.

Comment

Working...
                              X