Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cokie
    replied
    You are so blessed to have had such a friend. I love peppermint things (I'm weird, I know) and I love the afghan, as I'm sure your friend did. Love the story about the bib too.

Leave a comment:

• Qcat
    replied
    True friends and the memories they create are why we survive. Thank you for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied
    So beautiful, Mimi! Thanks for sharing not only your quilting gift, but also your life with us.

I love this series, Barb! Thanks again for organizing it. It's truly delightful to get to know more about one another. We surely do have a number of wonderful writers and storytellers here at the Forum!

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied
    Oh Mimi your crochet story just had me in tears. What a wonderful friendship you shared, and a true labor of love making the afghan. Your Dad story really made me laugh. My husband went to law school at U.T. and it's true their blood runs Orange. Put that Big Orange logo on anything and people go crazy, so I can see why the bib was a hit with your Dad. Good thinking on your part to use that fabric! I have enjoyed all of your quilts and your stories all week. Thank you for all the time you put into choosing the quilts and writing everything up.

Leave a comment:

• osewme
    replied
    Your time here sharing your quilts & journey along the way has been a real blessing to me. Thank you so much for participating in this ongoing series that Barb has started. You are such a kind, considerate soul & your stories & gifts of love are shown in every stitch. The peppermint afghan is beautiful & I know that your dear friend felt the love you had for her each time she used it. Thanks you again & again for this past week of looking back & forward with your gifts of love.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied
    Thanks for sharing with us this week.

Leave a comment:

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
    replied
    Thank you for this wonderful week with some incredible work and some fantastic stories. This is a beautiful thread that allow us to show some of our work, congratulations on all your different work

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied
    Wonderful, heart warming stories! Thanks for sharing your heart & your talents.

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied
    Mimi, sharing your story about your bestie brought me to tears. I have such a friend & can't imagine losing her. Teasing your Dad is such a blessing. Love your stories. You've touched so many hearts today. Thank you. Gina

Leave a comment:

• Rob the HOAQ
    replied
    Such a heart-rendering story and so heartfelt. Cancer is such a devastating disease, but the kindness and love one gets (and gives) helps to make a horrible situation bearable. Thank you for sharing all your love and kindess and stories with us, not the mention your projects. Amazing work!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied
    Oh, I almost cried today. Thanks for sharing! Glad you had your bff when you needed her and she had you. You made me remember my dad too today..so special. Glad you shared your journey with us!! Lol no one but us understands the bonds we have on this forum. Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• Rhonda K
    replied
    I am so happy that you raised your hand to share. Your stories are heart warming and to know that special friendship is sweet. I love your projects for your Dad. I know you treasure those moments with him. I will enjoy the tales as I never got that chance. So thank you for sharing that wonderful kind of love.

You have a fabulous quilting journey!

Leave a comment:

• Teen
    replied
    Very touching story and so sorry you have lost her. Your comfort quilt is gorgeous and she obviously felt your love. So sweet. Thanks for a lovely trunk show....so enjoyed your journey.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied
    Your week of sharing brought a lot of sunshine, and a few tears, to our group. You did a great job. I knew you could do it!....Hugs

Tomorrow Marcy (Qcat) will begin sharing her projects with us.

Leave a comment:

• Dove
    replied
    Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful work and stories! It was great that you were able to give your friend the afghan she loved! It gave her the feeling of having you close by, I’m sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X