A tale of two finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tale of two finishes

Yesterday was a very productive day here!

Cheryl finished piecing the Railroad quilt for my great-nephew. Here is the result.

Railroad.jpg
    The colors turned out to mesh very well, and the border really sets it off. Everyone's advice and comments definitely helped it to be the best quilt it could be.

I also was able to get a top finished. I have no name for this quilt other than "Practice" because the main goal was to figure out the Square on Point blocks and trying to make them match the four-patch. The fabric I used was some clearance Civil War fabric from the Choice brand that I have in my stash. I think it turned out OK, even if I did mess up the block on the upper right side (it doesn't follow down the row diagonally like I had designed it). I ignored the perfectionist voice in my head and said "to heck with it. For a practice quilt, it's just fine." It was nice to get something completed. Cheryl will use it to practice on her FMQ.

Practice 2.jpg
    Rob
    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
    Anna Bates
    "Quilt Roadies"

Love the railroad quilt! It is a nice handsome quilt for a guy. I had to look a couple of times for your mistake on #2. Barely noticeable. But those are good quilts for practice on FMQing! Two good finishes!

Comment

My goodness, you two are quick! Those are both great. The railroad one is just like your design. Love your choices. The fabrics go well together. Cheryl did a great job piecing it. Yours too...I had to look amd look to find that oops. Not noticeable unless you point it out. Nice job Rob!
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Those both are really great!I had to look for mistake in the second one. Cheryl's colors are wonderful.

Comment

They both look great! You both should be proud of the work you accomplished!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Your railroad quilt turned out great! What a wonderful quilt for a gift. Rob, I really like your practice quilt!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

The railroad quilt came out great. Cheryl and you are a great team.

I had to look a long time to see your "alternate" choice in the practice piece. Came out well.

Comment

They are both great. And, like the others, I had to really study to find the "mistake". It isn't noticeable at all.
                Carlie

Comment

Turned out great.....you and Cheryl make a great team! Love the railroad quilt......the “mistake”....not sew bad 🧵
                  💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Two great finishes! You make a fun team working together.

Comment

You two make a great team, two beautiful quilts!
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Love the railroad quilt. Your Gnephew should be proud to have it.
                        As to the practice quilt, well our eyes and brain have the ability to correct a "mistake." That is why others don't see it as you do. Nice design, BTW.
                        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                        Aesop

Comment

I REALLY had to look hard to see where #2's mistake was, barely noticeable. Great job you two.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Turned out great and wonderful! I had to look for the "mistake" once you mentioned it. It's not noticeable...it's a design decision. Great quilts!!

Comment

They both turned out great! You and Cheryl are quite a team!
                              Maria

Comment

Working...
                              X