Its not Thomas the Train but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not Thomas the Train but

Finished up a simple baby quilt for Jax today. The Little Engine that Could. It was so easy and fast I have never just sewn a couple of charm packs together like this but it gives me ideas for the VA quilts I make. I found the book on Amazon and the pictures in the book are almost identical to the ones on the fabric. I hope some day he will love reading as much as I do.
    IMG_6229.JPG IMG_6230.JPG
    I have the fabric to make him a quilt with dog faces on it. The pattern is called The Puppies by Elizabeth Hartman and I am excited to get started on that.

That is a great little quilt, love the diamond fabric in that line adds a nice texture!
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I love it. Great job and a great idea for a quilt. I love the fabrics you used, too. Thanks for showing.

Retha

Comment

Oh so cute!! He will love that! We always gave the kids in our families books as gifts.
        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

That's really nice. Great job!

Rob
          If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
          Anna Bates
          "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

What an adorable quilt, I love fabrics and the colors is so fresh and fun and he also has his own story, Jax will be happy with that fantastic gift

Comment

Love this quilt. Our family is big on reading. Glad you're keeping books alive!!

Comment

What a sweet quilt. I'm sure you will be reading that book over and over and over to him (even when he begins to read).
                “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

That’s a special quilt...love it!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Cute quilt for your little one. It will be fun to read him the time-treasured story book and have some snuggle time.

Comment

What a great idea-- a book and matching quilt!
                      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Very cute.
                        Carlie

Comment

That is adorable, and even more special to be able to read stories about the "characters" in the fabric.
                          Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
                          🙄

Comment

Trains and boys...wants not to love? Your quilt is so sweet....he’ll treasure it! 👶
                            💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Wonderful keepsake to live long into the future as he grows up.
                              No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                              Aesop

Comment

Working...
                              X