Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Our Quilts -- Day 5

Good morning!

Today I am sharing a couple of quilts from 2017. The first is a butterfly strip quilt. Auntiemern put a call out that year for butterfly strip blocks, to make quilts for a hospice. This was my donation. I used black for the center strip to make it look more like a butterfly.

The second quilt is a Star Trek quilt I made for my Ohio sister for Christmas. She is still a huge fan of the original Star Trek. The back was made with fat quarters. I gave the leftovers from the bundle to my sister as part of her gift. It is hard to see in the photos, but I used a spaceship design to quilt it. That is my Ohio sister holding up her quilt. Any time you see feet or hands in a picture of my quilts, she is the one holding them up. 😊

The snowman wall hanging was made in 2018 with a kit from Shabby Fabrics. This one also decorated my cubicle at work. I bought the kit because it has a lot of teal, and teal is our school color.

The bunnies are a modified version of a pattern from Shabby Fabrics. The original called for one bunny holding an Easter egg. I wanted something that I could have up for spring, not just Easter. The bunny looked lonely by itself, so I decided it needed a little bunny friend. I reduced the size of the pattern on my printer/copier. I used a cookie cutter as a template to make the carrot. I call this one “Sharing Ways Are Best,” because it looks like the mama bunny is sharing a carrot with the little bunny. When we were growing up, Mom would say “sharing ways are best,” all the time. Unless, of course, it involved chocolate…in that case, it was every family member for themselves!

Thank you for looking!
    Attached Files

Beautiful quilts today, Julie. I love your snowman and bunny quilts! Shabby designs are always so pretty. Your strip butterfly quilt turned out lovely. I made one for that project, too. I have enough strips leftover to make another one.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Those are really pretty! I am partial to the butterfly quilt, but they all are beautiful!

Comment

Another good showing today. My favorite is the bunny WH today

Comment

All is so pretty, I like your bunny with carrot, I also like your comments Especially sharing everything but chocolate.

Comment

Pretty butterflies and cute projects today! Thanks for sharing them all minus chocolate.

Comment

Captain James Tiberius Kirk. Gotta love it. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. The butterfly quilt is very pretty. Star Trek. We watched it every week. Funny how a program that lasted only 3 years still is very popular today. I love the snowman and bunny wall hangings.
                Carlie

Comment

Beautiful quilts today Julie, but wouldn't it be more accurate to have the bunny handing the other bunny a banana?😁

Love them all!

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

Star Trek, bunnies & snowman...love them all. Butterflies are pretty too. Sister is pretty cute. Gina

Comment

Love your quilts Julie! Especiaaly the butterflies and bunnies
                      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

So pretty and whimsical today.... I love your snowman. Cute projects...
                        "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I love your quilts today. The pinwheels on the bottom of the bunny & snowman quilts are so pretty. We watched all the episode of the original Star Trek programs & I still love them today. DH is not a big Star Trek fan so I don't get to see them so much anymore. Thanks so much for the great show of quilts today. You have been a busy quilter through the years.

Comment

Nice quilts Julie!

Comment

Love them all. Great show. I love Shabby Fabrics designs!!

Comment

Working...
                              X