Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharing Our Quilts -- Day 4: Scooby Doo and Stomp, Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Our Quilts -- Day 4: Scooby Doo and Stomp, Too!

Good morning!

Today I am sharing a couple of projects never before seen on the forum.

In 2018, my employer decided we needed a mascot. When the dust settled on the selection process, the mighty Triceratops was chosen. His name is Stomp. I bought a t-shirt with logo the first week they came out (January 2019). I looked at the logo on the t-shirt, and wondered if I could re-create it in appliqué. The answer was yes! I downloaded a picture of logo, flipped it (mirror image) and printed it out on label paper. I applied heat n bond to the fabric, put the label over the paper of the heat n bond, and used it to cut out the shapes. It wasn’t until later I discovered heat n bond made sheets that could go through an ink jet printer!

The border is strip piecing. I got the idea from a Facebook live video with Jenny and Misty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oPvjNpGMbk. I quilted the project on my embroidery machine. The wall hanging lives in my office at work. The boss went nuts for it, and told me she wanted a pillow with just the black border and the appliqué. I told her no, but surprised her with a pillow for her birthday.

The baby quilt I made for the boss’s grand baby (just shared last month), probably makes a lot more sense now!

I have been a huge Scooby Doo fan ever since I was a kid. My Ohio sister buys me a Scooby Doo ornament from Hallmark every year. In 2017, there was a Scooby Doo fabric line. I discovered it at the tail end of its run, and fabric supplies were very limited. I managed to snag a fat quarter bundle, and turned it into a Super Simple Squares quilt. M* did the quilting, the design name is “ghostly.” They did such a good job blending the thread, they are hard to see. I took a close up pic for you.

The last quilt is the ugliest quilt I have ever made. I had a few squares left over from my Scooby quilt, and decided to try a disappearing nine patch. The quilt was also a test run for quilting with my embroidery machine.

Thank you for looking!
    Attached Files

These are so fun! Congratulations on the successful logo interpretation! No wonder your boss loved it! And I love your simple squares quilt! I’ve made several and they are not that simple since there are so many seams to match! But they are good looking quilts! And it is good to have quilt tops to use as practice for the longarm. Sometimes they turn out much prettier once they are quilted and work their way out of the “ugly” category!

Comment

These look like fun projects to make. You did a great job on the logo. A Scooby quilt couldn’t possibly be ugly!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Fun projects. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Looks like you had a fun time with each of these. I love the logo wall hanging & pillow. The baby quilt is just plain precious! Thanks for the fun show today.

Comment

How can you go wrong with Scooby Doo? It's hard to believe it's been over 50 years since he first appeared on TV. I can remember watching the very first episode. Loved the triceratops also!

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

Scooby lovers in this house!! I love both of them. I don't think it's ugly at all!! Great show!! I bought some scooby valentine fabric years ago. Have tons left. You've inspired me to use it!! Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Love these! So fun and whimsical!! And so not an ugly quilt... All are so cute!!
                "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Love Scooby Doo. You did a pretty dog gonejob with your company's logo. Did they give you a raise, lol. Gina

Comment

Awesome showing, thanks Julie.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Wow! Sooooo....Scooby Doobie Doooo! I so remember that show! You’ve done some great work! Love em all! 🧵
                      💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Thanks for sharing the 'never before seen' quilts. Ugly is only in the eye of the beholder. LOL
                        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                        Aesop

Comment

You have such fun quilts and projects! I love triceratops too. Great score on finding your Scooby fabic and making quilts.

Comment

I used to love watching Scoony Doo. Cute quilts!
                            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Great projects! I didn't see an ugly quilt, though.......
                              Maria

Comment

Working...
                              X