My embroidery is now up to par!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My embroidery is now up to par!!

20210117_182323.jpg I have one embroidery card currently. So I decided to try it out today. I switched to the embroidery bobbin...voile it's a winner!! I'll make this into a project...I'm doing a few more designs on the card to do a table runner or something!! 20210117_182242.jpg

Beautiful! I love it. I have trouble with puckering no matter what I do and I have tried nearly everything suggested. Good job on yours. I love machine embroidery. It is addicting.

Comment

Beautiful!

I donated my embroidery machine. It kept stopping and skipping 1/4" and then start again. It drove me crazy, admittedly it didn't have far to go, but after ruining three different projects, I threw in the towel. It works great at a sewing machine so maybe someone else can love it into submission.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good news...!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Cute project...now you can add that to the long list of other skills you have mastered!

Comment

Nicely done! Woohoo!
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

That is really nice. Have fun playing.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Retha View Post
                Beautiful! I love it. I have trouble with puckering no matter what I do and I have tried nearly everything suggested. Good job on yours. I love machine embroidery. It is addicting.
                Retha, have you tried the tearaway sticky back stabilizer? I'm using it with the applique embroidery on my current project. I apply it to the back of the block and use it in addition to the regular tearaway that's in the hoop. It works great!
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Very nice, Rachel! I see a quilt with parts of the embroidery design made into blocks-- like the diamond pattern that's under the bear and lots of green flying geese.
                  ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Great job on your block! So happy that you are playing and having fun with your machine. Endless inspiration and projects for you. Have fun!

Retha, I am learning about using tape around the hoop. It prevents the fabric shift that happens with embroidery. I've only tried it a couple of times so haven't mastered the technique. More info here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0-O8YAYBdk

Helpful tip for alignment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk2gXL3QXPw

Comment

Originally posted by Dove View Post
                      Very nice, Rachel! I see a quilt with parts of the embroidery design made into blocks-- like the diamond pattern that's under the bear and lots of green flying geese.
                      What a fantastic idea!! Thanks Carol

Comment

Dove, thank you for that hint. I have not used the sticky tear away. And Rhonda K. thanks for the videos!!! I will save and watch them. you guys are great!

Retha

Comment

Beautiful!! You go, girl!
                          "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                          X