Valentine’s Day projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine’s Day projects

F401F9EB-9D5F-48FC-A8E7-DA298664C5E3.jpeg I’m not sure why anyone needs 4 Valentine’s pillows, but these are potential projects for my Thread Heads. The two on each end are the log cabin heart blocks I made earlier this week, the 2 center hearts are chenille heart in the back, pieced heart in front. And a 10 minute table runner under it all! Warming up for the Xs and hearts project. I found a whole tub of Valentines fabric at the bottom of my stash rack. Mother lode!

Just too, too cute!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Those are adorable! Love the fabrics!!
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Lovely!! I started a valentine project...guess I should finish!!

Comment

Sweet pillows! Don't you love scoring fabric right in your sewing room?

Question: How did you make the chenille heart, please?

Comment

The chenille heart idea came from that post last week with 50 Valentine’s Day ideas. It is 5 layers of red/ valentine fabric cut into heart shape. Channels sewn through all 5 layers to the background fabric about 1/2” apart. Cut down the center of each channel through the 5 layers but not the background. Wet the heart fabric and scrub with a stiff brush to raise the fibers. Trim the threads that fray out. Or put it in the wash and dry it to raise the seams. Since I might be doing this in a workshop session we can’t wash. But wetting and brushing rose the edges of the fabric pretty well.

http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com...tines.html?m=1
            Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; January 19, 2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Super cute, Jean! Love me some pillows!!
              "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

They are so pretty!

Jeannette

Comment

Such fun, happy projects! Love them all.

Comment

Working...
                  X