Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Our Quilts -- Day Two

Good morning!

Thank you for all of your kind comments yesterday!

When I was growing up, Halloween was my favorite holiday. Mom never liked the holiday much, and complained one time that I liked it better than Christmas. For me, it was a no brainer — I got to dress up, and people gave me free chocolate! What’s not to like?

The Halloween wall hanging is from a pattern by Shabby Fabrics. It was completed in 2018. I used invisible thread to top stitch the appliqué. If the wallhanging is held up to the light, you can see it shine through the needle holes, which is kind of cool. I was drawn to this design because it reminded me of two cross stitch projects I completed in the 90’s.

The happy pumpkin is from a Facebook live project with Jenny and Misty in 2019. I finished it last year.

The quilt is another 2020 finish, from a panel I bought in 2017 or 2018. The original plan for the back was to stitch the various prints together without sashing. That did not look good at all. I added the sashing and voila! I think I like the back better than the front. I quilted it on my embroidery machine.

Thank you for looking!
    Attached Files

Oh you get fancy at Halloween. I love them all!!

Comment

I love your Halloween projects, Julie, especially the Shabby Fabrics quilt. It goes really well with your x-stitched pictures. I love working with the saturated colors used in Halloween projects. Thank you for posting these!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Those are all so fun! I think Halloween fabrics are all so whimsical, they just call out to me and I buy them, then hardly ever finish my Halloween projects in time to use them before Halloween is over!

Comment

Your a better person than I am for doing counted cross stitch! I only manage to do the pre printed, very nice Julie!
          Kathryn
          There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Very festive. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Love them all. Thanks for sharing.
              Carlie

Comment

Wow, your projects are amazing! That last quilt just glows! 🧵🧵 🧙‍♀️
                💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

I get it, out of my 5 I do have one that loves Halloween. His quilt is Halloween. Cute projects

Comment

I like the fall/ Halloween colors. Great projects today

Comment

Your love of Halloween really shows in todays projects. I love the backing on the last quilt. Great idea to add the sashing. It reads as two quilts now in MHO
                      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                      Aesop

Comment

Don't do much for Halloween, but I would love to have that panel quilt around the house for that time. Love all your projects!

Rob
                        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                        --Ken Burns

Comment

They are all beautiful Julie.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Those are cute projects. It's always fun to have something special for the holiday. Yes, Halloween is a favorite here too for kids and adults.

Comment

Love all of these, Julie! You've inspired me to make a Halloween quilt later in the year.
                              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
                              X