Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing quilts - day 7

Good morning all,

Thank you for all the comments on my quilts. I wasn’t sure I had enough to show. At least those that I thought you would enjoy seeing. I love the traditional blocks but have noticed that I had very few of those to show. And I want you to know that I do make plenty of simpler patterns. Those are all donated.

For my final show I start with Sherman’s March. It is a Bonnie Blue pattern

When I went visit my SIL she took me to a LQS and I found this beautiful batik fabric with trees. Perfect for the borders on Carpenters Star

Over by the Pond is my first experience with paper piecing. What a pain taking off all that paper

Give a quilter and inch - this cutie hangs on my sewing room door. Yep-more flying geese. These are 3/4 X 1.5 inch. And the shoo fly blocks are 1.75 inches.
    Over time I have made several Xmas tree skirts. This Dresden one is for a 4 ft tree my folks got when they moved to assisted living. Took me a bit to figure measurements for the blades

The log cabin skirt was designed from a bed quilt I saw in a Hallmark movie. My current project is making a queen size quilt with this same design

Have you ever make a quilt that just didn’t appeal to you? This grey and green was actually supposed to be a large quilt with trees. It was just plain UGLY

When my grands were small I made stockings for everyone. As new spouses and babies came more were requested. I found X stitch designs to match the fabric. All were different. I probably made 20 over the years

my final show is a double churn dash. This was hand quilted and now sits on my couch for snuggling under with my morning coffee

Attached Files

Again what a lovely display of quilts! I love the frogs! Thanks for sharing all your awesome projects this week. You are an exceptionally talented quilter!

Comment

What a wonderful way to wind up your week of sharing! I had no idea you are such a prolific quilter. You do beautiful work...thank you for participating.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

You are a fearless quilter! I love your quilts and projects. What a special gift for your family that you made each one their own stocking. Your tree skirts are an inspiration too. Thank you for sharing your journey. It's always fun to see a glimpse of other members through their quilts. Thank you!

Comment

Lovely variety to your quilts. I really like the border on the Carpenters Star. I have a top made with a plain border. Just might have to change it.

Comment

Beautiful again! I really like to Sherman's March, both the pattern and the colors. The log cabin tree skirt is quite lovely, too. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful quilts.
            Carlie

Comment

Thank you for sharing all your beautiful quilts and projects. I love the over the pond quilt.

Comment

Beautiful work. I love that you pick up pattern ideas watching the Hallmark Channel. That is awesome. Your Dresden tree skirt rocks. It looks three dimensional.

Comment

All your quilts are lovely but i am in awe of the first one. love the dark side triangles showing off the blocks so well.
                  Ha! I just read "she will think she is a ruler". Cute!!
                  Last edited by nativetexan; January 14, 2021, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the wonderful show of all your quilts this week, I have enjoyed every one. Today's frog one really made me smile.

Comment

Such gorgeous quilts, and what a variety! I love how you did the Christmas stockings and the tree skirt.

Comment

Maybe I just don't have any taste (believe me, I've heard that before), but I think your green and gray quilt looks very nice. Maybe I'm just odd. Your Sherman's March quilt also appeals to me. Wonderful show this week! Thanks for sharing!

Rob
                        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                        --Ken Burns

Comment

Wonderful quilts..I love the frogs!! Omg the stockings..I would love to know how you attached the cross stitch. I would love to make those!!

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
                            Wonderful quilts..I love the frogs!! Omg the stockings..I would love to know how you attached the cross stitch. I would love to make those!!
                            I attached the X stitch fabric to prequilted fabric and used as one piece The stocking also is lined with the prequilted fabric to give it body

Comment

Originally posted by Rob the HOAQ View Post
                              Maybe I just don't have any taste (believe me, I've heard that before), but I think your green and gray quilt looks very nice. Maybe I'm just odd. Your Sherman's March quilt also appeals to me. Wonderful show this week! Thanks for sharing!

Rob
                              Thanks Rob. It was the original quilt that was quite ugly. I ditched that idea and made 2 smaller quilts with the pinwheels and hour glass blocks already made

Comment

Working...
                              X