Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillbillyhike
    replied
    Those look great Rachel! Can't wait to see what you will do next. Beautiful thread kit!

Leave a comment:

• MSN
    replied
    Originally posted by Rhonda K View Post
    Rachel,

Don't be afraid to download designs. Let us know if we can help. It’s really easy to do.
    And many sites have freebies or designs that cost only a dollar or two.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied
    Rachel if you go to Embroidery Library put a ton of stuff you like or even maybes in your wish list. They have sales that pop up just for that. I just added a bunch of stuff myself.

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied
    Check and see if your model is on this list. You might be able to figure out what kind of prefills you can use.

https://www.thethreadexchange.com/mi...bin-style-info

I'd rather do just about anything than refill bobbins!

Leave a comment:

• Teen
    replied
    Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
    Thanks!! I'm going to pick some up and try it. I'm going to buy some bernina cards before I move on to downloading. I really like kimberbell. So helpful Carol!!!
    Your work is awesome!! Can’t believe that you are just starting out. I am drooling over that sulky collection. My family bought that collection for my MIL for her birthday last year...she does hand embroidery....she is in heaven... and, Kimberbell patterns are the bomb, both embroidery patterns and piecing patterns. My Girlfriends Quilt Shop in Utah is where I buy all my Kimberbell stuff...they have lots of virtual classes, too.

Leave a comment:

• Rhonda K
    replied
    Rachel,

Don't be afraid to download designs. Let us know if we can help. It’s really easy to do.

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied
    Thanks goodness for you guys..I do have a different bobbin for embroidery. I know what I'm doing after work. Mine isn't yellow but has a gold bar and a twirling spring. You all inspired me to really get into it. Your projects are gorgeous!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied
    Wow, that yellow bobbin case really is yellow! My Ellegante had two cases and one was red, but it was a painted dot inside. lol

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied
    Hi Rhonda. Bernina uses special unique bobbins so as far as I know I can't use pre wound bobbins.

Leave a comment:

• Rhonda K
    replied
    You are off and running with your machine! It looks like you have the right techniques for hooping and stabilizers. Great Job!

I love your suitcase of color. Thread always makes me smile.

What size bobbins does your machine use? Can you use pre-wounds? I like to use them as there is usually more thread on them than what our machines can wind.

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied
    Originally posted by MSN View Post
    Rachel, I think you are looking for a lighter weight bobbin thread, which 70-weight would be. I generally use 60-weight in the bobbin and a 40-weight polyester through the needle. I got a giant cone of white 60-weight thread on Amazon. It may last the rest of my life.

Pat, I have heard about the yellow bobbin case, but haven't tried it yet. The standard black bobbin case has worked pretty well for me, and I really haven't had any tension issues (knock on wood).
    I think you're right!! I was thinking bigger number mentality. I'll have to look...I might have the yellow bobbin case. I have two bobbin cases. I'll see if they are different. I did see a picture of it when I was looking at feet.

thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied
    Thanks!! I'm going to pick some up and try it. I'm going to buy some bernina cards before I move on to downloading. I really like kimberbell. So helpful Carol!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dove
    replied
    https://www.joann.com/sulky-bobbin-t.../prd34138.html

JoAnn has a Sulky bobbin thread. It doesn't say what the weight is.
    Superior Threads has Bottom Line. I haven't ever used it but so many people have said they love it.

https://www.superiorthreads.com/thre...?Put-Up=Spools

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied
    Rachel...That's a very nice case of thread! I have hundreds of spools and often feel like I don't have the right color. I'm glad to see you embroidering!

Leave a comment:

• MSN
    replied
    Rachel, I think you are looking for a lighter weight bobbin thread, which 70-weight would be. I generally use 60-weight in the bobbin and a 40-weight polyester through the needle. I got a giant cone of white 60-weight thread on Amazon. It may last the rest of my life.

Pat, I have heard about the yellow bobbin case, but haven't tried it yet. The standard black bobbin case has worked pretty well for me, and I really haven't had any tension issues (knock on wood).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X