Getting to know my embroidery machine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting to know my embroidery machine.

I finally started playing with my filedata/fetch?id=1956024&d=1610421304&type=thumb embroidery machine. I need to get 70 weight bobbin thread. These aren't perfect but a good start. I have this suitcase of sulky...I feel like I need more colors still lol it is fun though!!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Nice patterns! Are you going to make something with these?
    I haven’t used Sulky threads so I can’t say anything about them. I use the same thread in the bobbin that I use on top most of the time. I use Superior Threads So Fine cones most of the time. If I want shiny thread, I have tons of spools of Madeira. I use both of those in the bobbin.
    I agree.... even with all the different colors I have, a lot of times I still don’t have the right shade!
    ~ Carol from PA

Comment

I bought sulky because bernina programs tells you which sulky shade to use. I haven't decided yet but I may use them in something. I really like the fall one!! I tried putting the same in the bobbin...no go. I read on Bernina's site that I needed a heavier weight in the bobbin.

Comment

How fun! I wish I could start using mine. The 5 1/2'' x 5 1/2'' hoop that was a freebie with bobbin thread and extra bobbins is on back order. wahhh I don't really want to play/practice around on the 7.9'' hoop.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I've not started using my Bernina machine for embroidery yet, but the sell a yellow bobbin case which is supposed to work wonders. Mine is sitting at home waiting for me. I have the 790+.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Rachel, I think you are looking for a lighter weight bobbin thread, which 70-weight would be. I generally use 60-weight in the bobbin and a 40-weight polyester through the needle. I got a giant cone of white 60-weight thread on Amazon. It may last the rest of my life.

Pat, I have heard about the yellow bobbin case, but haven't tried it yet. The standard black bobbin case has worked pretty well for me, and I really haven't had any tension issues (knock on wood).

Comment

Rachel...That's a very nice case of thread! I have hundreds of spools and often feel like I don't have the right color. I'm glad to see you embroidering!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

https://www.joann.com/sulky-bobbin-t.../prd34138.html

JoAnn has a Sulky bobbin thread. It doesn't say what the weight is.
                Superior Threads has Bottom Line. I haven't ever used it but so many people have said they love it.

https://www.superiorthreads.com/thre...?Put-Up=Spools
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Thanks!! I'm going to pick some up and try it. I'm going to buy some bernina cards before I move on to downloading. I really like kimberbell. So helpful Carol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MSN View Post
                    Rachel, I think you are looking for a lighter weight bobbin thread, which 70-weight would be. I generally use 60-weight in the bobbin and a 40-weight polyester through the needle. I got a giant cone of white 60-weight thread on Amazon. It may last the rest of my life.

Pat, I have heard about the yellow bobbin case, but haven't tried it yet. The standard black bobbin case has worked pretty well for me, and I really haven't had any tension issues (knock on wood).
                    I think you're right!! I was thinking bigger number mentality. I'll have to look...I might have the yellow bobbin case. I have two bobbin cases. I'll see if they are different. I did see a picture of it when I was looking at feet.

thanks!!!

Comment

You are off and running with your machine! It looks like you have the right techniques for hooping and stabilizers. Great Job!

I love your suitcase of color. Thread always makes me smile.

What size bobbins does your machine use? Can you use pre-wounds? I like to use them as there is usually more thread on them than what our machines can wind.

Comment

Hi Rhonda. Bernina uses special unique bobbins so as far as I know I can't use pre wound bobbins.

Comment

Wow, that yellow bobbin case really is yellow! My Ellegante had two cases and one was red, but it was a painted dot inside. lol
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thanks goodness for you guys..I do have a different bobbin for embroidery. I know what I'm doing after work. Mine isn't yellow but has a gold bar and a twirling spring. You all inspired me to really get into it. Your projects are gorgeous!!!

Comment

Rachel,

Don't be afraid to download designs. Let us know if we can help. It’s really easy to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X